Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin gardens are getting more popular and fun to watch on You Tube.

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
But unless these test gardens have lots of trash buried especially different types of pull tads, caps ,screw caps and can slaw only depth is shown and one of the most important factors are missing. People are standing in line to buy these half tested wonder machines.. Parks I search in my area have millions of these targets that will trip these detectors up, good luck with a efficient hunt by the time a small portion is covered very well the season will be over. The Sovereign's strong point most bottle caps, pull tabs and even screw tabs don't even cause this detector to hiccup. Yes there is a constant learning curve with this hobby and a coin & thrash garden can help. Look for the strong and weak points of a detector, yes depth is very important but being able to wade through the litter to find a good target is the only way for a successful hunt.

I had the original sovereign and at full discrimination it would still find screw caps.If you're not getting a signal from tabs and screw caps you're not finding nickles or Indian Heads.

Chuck, I've always ran my Sovereigns with no discrimination or notch and get IDs on all targets. I like to see all targets in the ground. I'll find screw tabs but will eliminate most, pull tabs are never a problem, beaver tails can sometimes be mistaken or too close to a nickel ID or tone. With visual ID and tones I could predict if my targets was going to be an Indian a 1909 wheat newer wheat or copper same with the Nickels, Jefferson's ,War, Buffalo and Vs will have different IDs .I had a couple of the Originals and had problems with hot rocks with this model also no volume or gain control. My point if a coin garden is going to be used especially to sell someone on performance run the detector through some common trash items a lot of these units will fail. Kind of reminds me of a You Tube video where someone was using a Fisher 1266x vs a wonder detector on deep targets they where surprised but they showed it would also pickup false targets around the garden, LOL just the 1266 not the other unit. Anyway lets see how these units will perform on common thrash targets JMHO. I'll dig pull tabs and other junk items when I'm going after gold rings. Sometimes I have very little time and will cherry pick. HH Ron

No such thing as a perfect detector, but in my parks the Sovereign is hard to beat. This is one of the reasons why these old Sovereigns have a good resale value, especially the GTs .