Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coin hunt with infinium in park sand/gravel.

rockpup1

Ok sick of the lack of dpeth in my not working righ GBPRO.FOrced to use the infinum for some sand box digs.I have 3x7-still hits 9" on uqarter.This is what I am using.Big coil after maybe.
Just wondering th best aproach - so much little iron will bring a earth magnet.

Just wondering if anyone else does the same and any advice for ID and tone's be coooool!

Thanks guys enjoy the input will let you know how my adventures in december turn out
LOL we get chinook winds and tempature 11+ C.Grass still thawed even-may use the GBPRo for some quick coin picking.

I guess the lack of response to your question indicates that not many people are using the infinium in parks and gardens.
It is not a good choice for these areas because of the lack of good discrimination and the fact that it detects very deep, even with the small coils.
Iron and elec interference will be nasty in suburban areas so using the small DDs would be a good idea.
Small bits of wire will be Low /Hi and of almost equal strength in both modes (Normal And Rev Disc).
Steel bottle caps that tend to remain close to the surface will give a very strong HI/LO or Lo/HI but will all but disappear in rev disc.
Sil and gold that gives a STRONG signal will not completely disappear in rev disc.
Gold can be either LO/HI or HI/LO depending on the size of the target (Very large =LO/HI for gold) but will always be HI/LO in rev disc at a reduced level to the Normal mode signal.
Sil can be either LO/HI or HI/LO in normal and will only reduce slightly in Rev Disc.

The best thing you can do (as with any metal detector) is to practice with as many different targets and metals as you possibly can if you are going to hope to fully understand the Infinium and its responces.

Thanks for the great reply.I have used it a few times in easy to dig areas(sand,gravel).It hits every little iron flake lol I use a earth magnet when I remember.
It gets such good depth even with the 3x7".Im guess ing about 9" quarter.Loves nickles.The big coil freaks out and is unstable but still can be used in alot of places.
The 3x7 runs smooth everywhere i have taken it so far.

The tones may help in coin search.I still just digging every thing.I know bobby pins eract with a double beep and have learned there sound.Practise is the key.
I want another machine for coins but I sitll have yet to master the 2 I do have.

LOVE using my infinitude at some parks . It is a great nickel finding machine with the smallest coil and has great depth for those older coins. Best in the ballpark, play field areas.