Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin identifying and value

drummerman

Greetings

Can anyone point me to a good free WEB site for identifying coins and what the US market value might be?
I can't seem to find anything with a cost or a run around of some kind.

Also.
Any good freeware to do the same?

Thanks

drummerman, do you mean US or foreign coins? I can't think of any websites that are set up chiefly for the purpose of identifying coins, but as far as online resources, look for online dealers of world and/or US coins. Typically, they have pictures of individual coins, an attribution and a price. Try searching for "Educational Coin Company" or "Joel Anderson". These are two excellent dealers of world coins, and I'm pretty sure you can search their sites to find a specific coin. As far as not-website resources, check out "A Guide Book of United States Coins" (nicknamed the "Redbook" for its color). For world coins, try the "Standard Catalog of World Coins." You could probably find both at your local library. If that fails, though (or you can't find either of these in a recent edition), you could check your local bookstore if you need to look up only a few coins. If you do find a lot of coins, though, have one or both of these books might be helpful. Hope this helps, abcoin.

Try this out

http://www.coinstudy.com/lincoln-penny-value.html