Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin Information

headhunter

I was wondering if I could get any information on this coin. It's about 39mm-40mm by 3mm thick approximately
Thanks for the help

IMG_20200620_134725544.jpg
IMG_20200620_134908925.jpg

You my friend are in possession of a silver Spanish 8 Reale = Spanish Dollar!!
Did you find this while detecting ??
beautiful condition too!!

Last edited:
I was wondering if I could get any information on this coin. It's about 39mm-40mm by 3mm thick approximately
Thanks for the help

View attachment 4697View attachment 4698
Spain - 8 Reales - Carlos IV (1788 - 180:geek: Mexico. - T.H. - 1807. - Silver

Spain - 8 Reales Carlos IV (1788-180:geek: - Silver coin struck at Mexico's mint in the year 1807 by assayer T. H.

Obverse: ‘CAROLUS IIII DEI GRATIA 1807’ (Charles IIII by God's grace) inscription around a bust of the King, which is facing right.

Reverse: ‘HISPAN ET IND REX’, ‘Mo’ (mint) and ‘8 R · T. H.’ (assayer). (King of Spain and the Indies) around a crowned coat of arms with castles and lions with the pomegranate and coat of arms of the Bourbons, between two columns, in the columns volutes with inscription ‘PLUS VLTRA’.

Nice coin, Headhunter, a bit of interesting history of colonial money and the Spanish pieces of eight (8 Reales)

You my friend are in possession of a silver Spanish 8 Reale = Spanish Dollar!!
Did you find this while detecting ??
beautiful condition too!!
Spain - 8 Reales - Carlos IV (1788 - 180:geek: Mexico. - T.H. - 1807. - Silver

Spain - 8 Reales Carlos IV (1788-180:geek: - Silver coin struck at Mexico's mint in the year 1807 by assayer T. H.

Obverse: ‘CAROLUS IIII DEI GRATIA 1807’ (Charles IIII by God's grace) inscription around a bust of the King, which is facing right.

Reverse: ‘HISPAN ET IND REX’, ‘Mo’ (mint) and ‘8 R · T. H.’ (assayer). (King of Spain and the Indies) around a crowned coat of arms with castles and lions with the pomegranate and coat of arms of the Bourbons, between two columns, in the columns volutes with inscription ‘PLUS VLTRA’.

Nice coin, Headhunter, a bit of interesting history of colonial money and the Spanish pieces of eight (8 Reales)

Thanks so much gentleman for the quick response and information.
This was found in a box of coins I was given and it looked interesting.
Where would one find a bezel pendant mount for a coin

Thanks so much gentleman for the quick response and information.
This was found in a box of coins I was given and it looked interesting.
Where would one find a bezel pendant mount for a coin
here ya go, headhunter, a new new hobby for ya... :p