Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin shooting at its best

Daniel A.

Did a 9 hour hunt yesterday in the rain here with breaks figured there was about 8 hours of hunting dug 306 coins and 2 silver rings. The clad came in at 57.35 great workout for the Troy X5 the area I was hunting was the cleanest I have ever seen almost all targets were keepers.

Ah thats nothing, i do that everyday. Untill i wakeup and have to get out into the real world. Nice work there!

That is what I would call a great day of hunting, way to go.

:surprised:You are a digging machine my man!! :clapping::detecting:

Daniel A. said:
Did a 9 hour hunt yesterday in the rain here with breaks figured there was about 8 hours of hunting dug 306 coins and 2 silver rings. The clad came in at 57.35 great workout for the Troy X5 the area I was hunting was the cleanest I have ever seen almost all targets were keepers.

You are awsome huge monstrous beast!
To accumulate this richess here in the Bronx/Yonkers ,NY it would take you two years or more. But to accumulate a ton of beer caps and pull tabs - three days of hunting only.
Where do you live? El Dorado?

I live in Vancouver BC and I do have about 40 pounds of pulltabs & beercaps so far this year. But I also have dug 6200 coins,8 gold rings,19 silver rings and 7 chains.
That day was awesome don't think there has ever been a park that clean of pulltabs before and there is still part of it that I didn't hunt that I will be going back for.
My clad count for the year is running around 860.00 Dan:thumbup:

WOW great haul, lots of digging . Sore back? Mine would be.

Daniel A tell us the truth. You saw an armored car roll over and you picked up the change they left behind. :biggrin:
That is some good detecting.
I guess the only way I would get 306 in a day if my wife would dig them for me. :argue:
With $57 in one day maybe you can start thinking about retirement? Good job...Z

Plan to retire in 2010 . I doubt I'll ever find another park like it my guess is that 6 out of 7 digs were keepers, how there could be such a park with minimum tabs and bottle caps is just amazing and its got to be 20 acres in size. Dan HH

I have a place like that that my wife and I have been hitting about once or twice a week,, most hits are coins,, all new of course,, but the clad adds up,, finding a lot of clad quarters,, probably missing a lot of nickles,, jsut cant seem to get the tone down right for them,, but if I had to guess,, I know we have taken prob 400 plus coins out of this place,, its getting to be slim pickings,, but we still go ot for a hour or two afer work and pick up a few,, prob will go today,, the rain softened up the ground a bit,, last couple of weeks its been like digging in concrete,,

The weather was favorable cool temp low 60s rain off and on I cut the hunt 2.5 hours short due to getting tired and knowing that I still had a 2 hour drive home. Most hunts I do are more in the range of 3-4 hours but I couldn't walk away from this spot and will go back in Sept. for another run at it. The really good thing was that after that much time in that location at the end of the day anyone would have a hard time knowing that I had just spent the entire day hunting there thanks to hunting with a screwdriver. Dan

that's awesome.......

do you ever go to the troy forums on the troy site???