Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin Spill from the weekend

Tin Fin

I didn't get out on Saturday or Sunday, but I did get out on Monday. I hope to post a photo or two as soon as these coins are cleaned up some.

This is the first time I have ever found 18 coins in 1 hole! Most of them were pennies, but there was one dime in the mix. I found just over $2.25 total in this one courtyard, and I have not covered the entire yard.

I got a signal that went over 180 on the meter, and that has never happened before either - I'm using Ron's Meter - pennies and dimes are very consistent in their numbers on this meter, at least the all copper pennies are, and silver is too, so when the meter went over 180, I didn't know what was going on yet. But, I dug and found a cent, pinpointed around the hole, found another, then another. Two coins are fused to each other, don't know what years those are yet. I just kept working this one hole, and kept finding more coins. I have found a few coin spills in the past, but not with this many in one spot.

I kept hoping for a ring or locket or something similar, but no such luck this time. The dates of the pennies were from the '60's. I found a few other coin spills in the same courtyard that were in the '70s, and '80s. This is a regular gathering place on an annual basis with drinking often involved, and has been for near 100 years, so I am hoping to find other spills here too. But, I thought it interesting that the meter read so high.

I don't know-so, but figure the additive effect of the coins is what caused the meter to go over 180. It bounced some, but 180-190 is what the meter was reading while over that pile of coins.

Oh, and I started to recognize nickles while in this same area - I have found them before, but I started to know when I was on a nickle on this day.

Tim,some of the coin spills cam be a challenge,but can help pay for gas and sharpen our pinpointing skills.I have seen a spike or overload with large targets on 180 meters.A coin spill in the 60s would indicate the place hasn't been searched and that pre 65 quarters and dimes are waiting to be found.Last month I found a small spill with early 60s pennies and pulled out a Rosie.Thanks for sharing.HH Ron.

Spills are always great to find no matter the coins or ages. Great find. Sounds like a great spot to detect. Best of luck and HH. Matt

Me and somebody else on this forum were just talking a few weeks back about the meter spiking above 180 some times. It's not unique to Ron's meter because I've seen it happen on my DigiSearch meter. Like in the 183 range or so when it happened to me. Wierd thing is it was on a regular clad coin, so I don't know why it would have spiked like that.