Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin that's not supposed to be here?

jayhop

I don't make a habit of this but I would love to have this coin identified. It was found on a North Carolina Beach.
I've had several guesses like Cobb and such but no positive ID.
It looks old world to me.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20160130_142103-1.jpg
    20160130_142103-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
  • 20160130_142037-1.jpg
    20160130_142037-1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
I have a app on my phone called CoinSnap that a person can take a picture of a coin on both sides and it will id it. so I tried to take the picture of this picture and see what happen. It ID as Turkey 1 Para about 1808. Dont know how acerate this is, but maybe give you a idea.

Rick

I have a app on my phone called CoinSnap that a person can take a picture of a coin on both sides and it will id it. so I tried to take the picture of this picture and see what happen. It ID as Turkey 1 Para about 1808. Dont know how acerate this is, but maybe give you a idea.

Rick
Thanks. I looked that coin up and didn't see any that matched. But some of the older Turkish coins looked similar. It gives me something to look at.

If that old thats a good find if verified! Neat find!!

If that old thats a good find if verified! Neat find!!
I think it's much older. But I've been trying to get it identified for years.

I don't make a habit of this but I would love to have this coin identified. It was found on a North Carolina Beach.
I've had several guesses like Cobb and such but no positive ID.
It looks old world to me.
Thanks
Interesting coin. Possible old English ship wreck or pirate ship wreck. Could be why the coin was on that beach, it was transported from its original ship to a pirate ship That crashed on our shore. Old world coin for sure, cross on back might have been to assist folks in cutting it into pieces. You’ll need an old world coin expert. Good luck, cool find.
Tony