Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COIN$-V-xt70

oneton

My wife hunts with a new xt70 and i hunt with a new coin$,my wife wants me to trade my coin$ for a xt70 so we can put all of our research on one type of detector.will i be messing up if i did this.How does the coin$ compare to the xt70 thanks oneton.

I certainly am not going to get in a battle between you and the little woman over detectors! :biggrin:

Be the man!

You buy a used Xterra and keep the coinstrike. It never hurts having two types.Not all detectors work well everywhere..The C$ is deadly in high trash parks..the Xterra 70 not so much.
Just a thought...if you can afford doing it that way..I know these babies are getting pricey

Put all your research on one type of detector? What do you mean by this? Are you talking about a program you record your finds on?

She's probably tired of you finding the most good stuff. :crazy: Do whatever you need to be a happy couple. This is just a hobby after all.

HH

Mike

Thanks for all ya'lls help.My wife does not care which detector i use but i am the one who learns how to use the detectors and then i would show her how to use it.Well i just thought if i would get a xt70 instead of the coinstrike then everything i learn from the xt70 i could show her.Its kind of hard to learn my coin$ then try to also learn the xt70. So i have to kind of learn both machines almost at the same time because we do hunt together.She seems interested in metal detecting but also interested in me learning the xt70 so i can make it easy for her to hunt also.I have been doing just that,and i'm happy to learn both machines and that is what i am doing.How does both detectors compare,I know i'm on a fisher form but some of you may have or had both detectors.I like my $ as i have put many hours in studying this machine before i even picked it up to hunt with.But the 70 seems to be a great detector also.Would you say one is better hands down or they both in the same neck of woods.I guess its kind of like having a ford and a chevy, you have to learn to repair both,but if you have to fords say f150s then what you learn on one truck goes for the other truck without having to study both.

Going to miss you honey...seriously a Coinstrike well learned is a potent weapon and of course your wifes is good also..Would imagine you hunt together so two like detectors near each other might affect their performance and like the idea of having two different detectors as what she misses you may get and vice versa as they are different animals..After 43 years of marriage I go along with the Missus but when it comes to the hobby its my call..Keep your Coinstrike as both of you learning the same detector seems counter productive to me..Have the little lady read this post and good luck on your decision....

I guess i will keep the c$.but i thought with both us learning the same machine would be more productive because two different people may learn different things about the same detector,at the same time.I also think the same thing you did when detecting with two different detectors one may find what the other doesn't and has less interference when hunting together.When i purchased my coinstrike i did not put the coil to the ground for 6 weeks,all i did was read everything i could find on the depot for weeks and weeks then i started detecting boy that sure made it easy.I would advise anyone who buys a c$ to just lay the detector down for a few weeks and read,read,read, then put her to the test.thanks guys.

i can understand wanting learn one machine. My wife likes to detect with me heck she's the secretary/treasure of treasure hunting club. But she will not pick up a manual to save her life. This is one reason we both have XLT. Now I also have a F4 trying to learn it to see if we need to invest in one for her.

Mostly for all day hunts and competition hunts due to it's much lighter weight.