Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coinmaster Classic 3

airscapes

Going to pick one of these up for free, is it a worthy machine to mess with? I know I have read some of the old analog machines work well in iron infestations.. is this one of them of just an old entry level machine.

Use it, see what you think compared to your other detectors.

The Classic 3 is great detector. Try and get someone to modifiy it with a ground balance and other adjustments to make it hotter. I have a Surfmaster II vlf which is a Classic II that was modified. It hits my 9" test coin. The anolog signal is so smooth over good targets. It's a worthy detectors. It works great in iron trash.

Rick

Can you point me to the mods, I am quite capable if I know what needs to be done.

I don't know exactly what was done . Mr. Bill used to do the mod. There are a few who can do it. The most important is adding an exterior ground balance. One of the interior controls the ground balance and you can tweet it more neg and try it . There may be a photo of the board on the internet showing which pot it is.

Rick

I found the instruction in another thread, half done, rather simple if you tinker in electronics. 2 resistors to replace, 2 board mounted trim pots to replace with external pots and a switch with a second resistor value to give high and low SAT.
If anyone is interested in this, I will probably sell it when complete. 2 DFXs and a Coinmaster GT.. don't really need this guy but will play with it a bit before I list it.

So you think i will like this machine more than the DFX? This is hard for me to fathom.. No info on what is under the coil other than beeep..

well that made me smile :bouncy: no other info of what's under the coil other than beep that's a Whites classic III .

love it !!

how much will cost when done and tested working?

AJ

I will give it a real try. Running into some discrepancy with what MrBill wrote for his instructions.

He says he uses a 2 wire for the ground balance pot.. but the trim pot and the external pot both have 3 connectors.. I realize you and use 2 but don't understand why or which of the 3 terminals.
Anyone recall if this is a typo or requirement?

Mrbiilsmods.jpg

Mr. Bill is a moderator on one of these forums. If you can find him and talk to him. Keith Southern might know to on Danowski forum.

Rick

I am all done, added the 2 pots for GEB and Threshold, added a third for SAT and replaced all the other resistors.
NOW, I need help on how to "Properly set GEB and Threshold along with SAT.
I have messed with the threshold and GEB to try and get the least amount of change from the threshold when the coil is lifted and lowered over a clean spot of ground with SAT set at factory. But if someone would give me the proper procedure to do this once the mods are completed, it would be much appreciated.

Had the machine out today, figure out the GEB and Threshold, works well for what it is. Found some can slaw, 2 pennies and a quarter in the few minutes I was out during lunch break.
What is a fair asking price for this machine?

I just realized this control box can be attached so it hangs under the arm and man is that nice to swing. Only issue is you can not get to the pin point switch.. guess I had better put one in so you can hit it with your thumb. Maybe I will keep this, man is that ever light with the box at the back..

Not sure what is normal for these but this air tests a quart solid at about 6" and weak at about 8" with a click and sometimes a beep at 9"

Finished this up today complete with thumb pinpoint button and variable SAT