Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coins + Mode: OLH please comment on this.

Hi OLH,
I came across this short video about using Coins + mode on the Xterra 70 and 705. Please comment on how we can know the soil is highly mineralized, thus taking advantage of this mode. When engaged, a + sign shows up on the upper left hand section of the display.

Thanks for any help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AKiuRp170og

Thanks for pointing out the coin + mode as I didn't know about it. Now to find out how mineralized your soil is just push your ground tracking button and it will show you the numbers as you swing. I usually consider below 30 starting to get into heavy minerals below 20 bad.

Generally speaking, a ground phase below 30 with a Concentric coil warrants the use of a DD coil. And especially with a DD if you're reading below 30 your ground is somewhat hot.
I typically run with Stability ON when I get into ground that I have to lower the SENS below about 25 to maintain a more stable ID and response. It can throw the actual ID number off a notch, but it will be consistent, so easy to adapt to.