Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coins

d-2

I posted this on the relic forum but I need to post here also being as I was useing quite possibbly the greatest detector I have ever had in my hand a Fisher 1270. I found these coins on a battle field in an out of the way place. Possibly an escape route for a yankee as he was trying to exit the battle field. 5 seated quarters, 2 half dimes, and 23 dimes and 2 of them are busts. Dates range from 1836 to 1860 and all found in a place the size of a kitchen table.

Those are great finds! I would have been happy with one of them.

Good going!!!

Usually these areas contain buttons, buckles, bullets and the like with an occasional coin. One wonders if a horse blanket wasn't thrown on the ground and an old fashioned card came was had due to the small area where found..In any case probably a lifetime of seated and bust coins at least in my area..Location..location...location again( remember) if they are not in ground you won't find them if you are an excellent detectorist with a excellent detector...Heck I would go back turn the unit down to zero discrimination and scan the area again...

I think you found a lost payroll or something! :surprised: and to think there's more as the entire picture didn't load! :beers:

(find of a lifetime) Man, you gotta be hoverin' after that! WTG!!

Awesome finds d-2 that's what it's all about!

You should send that in to Fisher. It would be nice to see someone besides that Ladd character in their ads. :lol:

A hearty congratualtions!

Tom

Were these coins "scattered" or pretty much in the same hole?

BTW - I have been pretty happy with my 1270 too.

The coins were all in separate places. I found 2 in the same hole but they were al in an area the size of a kitchen table...d2

Sounds like maybe that patch of terrain was unchanged over the years.

Thanks for showing the find. More luck to you for more terrific similar finds.

maybe coins got dumped out of something accidentally. Small change but nice poker winnins for the times. Could even be from someones jar of savings that maybe got lifted then lost during the chaos of battle.

HH

Dan R.