Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coinshooting action with the V3i.....

DocBars

Hey all:
I took the V on a fairgrounds hunt this morning. I gridded an area out. I was able to pull some wbacks, 2 IH's a Buff, and 2 silvers. The Buff was layinging next to a bottlecap and I had to do some wiggle action to separate the two and out popped the Buff. The Mer was 6.5 inches and ID'ed good. The Barber was the length of the digger. I could barelly get a PP on the Barber. The 2.5 Freq was moving some but mostly the 22.5 frq bar moved the most. I dug down to find the washer(size of a qrt.) checked hole again and got a screaming high tone, scrubbed around at the bottom and found the 1912 barber dime. I figured out that you can use the so called minelab wiggle to isolate some of the targets that are in heavy trash.
Still learning a ton with this new machine. But it is fun.
HH

Nice! How were you set up?

I was running in C&J RD was at 25. RX11 75 85. I was using the 10x 12 SEF. I will go over this same spot again but with the 4x6dd.
HH

Was most of your finds with the 10x12 sef or 4x6? I own both coils. my oldest coin 1891 indian was found with the SEF coil

Your my Hero. I have found almost everything but never found a Buffalo Nickle. Several War nickles but no Buff.

VERY nice hunt...... Congrats..:detecting:

nalc472 said:
Was most of your finds with the 10x12 sef or 4x6? I own both coils. my oldest coin 1891 indian was found with the SEF coil

All finds were found with the 10x12. Im going to hit it again with the 4x6 later.
HH

I wish you could teach me how to run that hot with a big coil in heavy trash like that. Then I might be able to get down there where the good stuff is too.

Howdy DocBars--

You have some good hunting ground there! Good hunting ground, a good detector and most of all good detecting skill is a hard combination to beat! Keep up the good work. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel