Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coinstrike air test...

MikeW

For you coinstrike users, At sensivity 10 with foil and tabs disc out I get about 8 inches on a quarter with stock coil. Is this typical airtest? My Cs-1 probe only detects a dime at about an inch at same settings and maybe 1& 1/2 inches on a quarter. Wondering if Coinstrike could use a tuneup and do I need a new probe if I can find one.Thanks:))

Mike, how are you doing with the CS in the field. I just bought one, got it yesterday and 5 hours later I had a headache. Took me 4 hours to learn that I must go thru every step in the Memory (1, 2, or 3) before I press the PP/MEM button to store any changes. Would like to hear a report on your progress. Dave

I have used the C$ for several years and have owned at least three in that time and none of them air tested well, don't know why but they just didn't. I do know, however, the C$ in real world hunting is much deeper. I have mild soil here, but I usually get dimes at the same depth that I air test quarters around 8" (sens. 8-10 and thresh. 0-2). I love mine and will always have one in my arsenal.

Bill

Ive had several myself in the past that went very deep. They also work very well in iron. I once got a merc with a glob of rust on the coin, good reading left to right but lousy reading at ninety degrees. Didnt get out last week, maybe this week:))

Havent got out yet, hopefully this weekend. Im going back to the spot that I got the worn barber about a month ago with the cz3D.