Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COINSTRIKE FUNKY

I got a coinstrike a week and a half ago and have found 2 silver rosies some wheats and various clad at a ball field i have hunted well with etrac, explorer 2 and fisher 1265. I will never say it is hunted out as every time i go there there is always something popping up. I had a wierd time though Thursday. Put 2 new batteries in, machine worked fine for 30 minutes and found a silver dime. Good id and repeatability at 3-4 inches using 10.5 inch coil. Then all of a sudden my machine freaks out and is beeping at everything. try to ground, no help, more new batteries no help, clean coil no help, raise coil in air still going crazy, still detects but hard to decipher through the noise. Maybe some walkie talkie or garage remote was freaking it out but in about 45 minutes it was back to normal. I should have got the old battle axe out ( fisher 1265) and used both til the CS started acting right? Any one else have this happen to the Coinstrike? Craig

When I wander too close to power lines my C$ goes nuts. Lowering the Threshold to about minus 20 or even minus 60 helps and with very little loss in depth. The 10" coil is affected by EMI more than the smaller coils.

CBAILEY IN GA said:
I got a coinstrike a week and a half ago and have found 2 silver rosies some wheats and various clad at a ball field i have hunted well with etrac, explorer 2 and fisher 1265. I will never say it is hunted out as every time i go there there is always something popping up. I had a wierd time though Thursday. Put 2 new batteries in, machine worked fine for 30 minutes and found a silver dime. Good id and repeatability at 3-4 inches using 10.5 inch coil. Then all of a sudden my machine freaks out and is beeping at everything. try to ground, no help, more new batteries no help, clean coil no help, raise coil in air still going crazy, still detects but hard to decipher through the noise. Maybe some walkie talkie or garage remote was freaking it out but in about 45 minutes it was back to normal. I should have got the old battle axe out ( fisher 1265) and used both til the CS started acting right? Any one else have this happen to the Coinstrike? Craig

!!!!YES!!! that is how mine was when I got! but it was freaked out most of the time and then on the rare occasion it would smooth out. It was madding to say the lest :cry: Then a co-worker took ownership of a coinstrike and we swapped coils and bingo!!!! the problem was found.
Now that's not to say that was your problem that day because it could have been some other interference, but if you start having the problem more often and have the stock 8" coil (or other coil) swap it out and see it the problem clears up.

Your description and your systems takes me back to a time that I don't want to revisit! When it did hit a target while acting up, a quarter fell to dime, a dime or penny fell more to a zinc or nickle zone and nickles fell somewhere in the iron range. I wanted to wrap the detector around a tree. It would go off on anything, no matter what the settings, it was awful!
I bought a used stock 8" coil off from a forum member here and the detector has been fine ever sense!

Mark

Hey, the problem you had could be (a) RF interference that is sporadic or (B) a bad coil as others have indicated.
If the coil has some how lost it's airtight seal moisture could cause this. If you can set it in a warm dry place or the sun for a while and it clears up perhaps there is a crack you can seal up. Loosen the place where the cable connects and see if there is a leak at that point.

As far as RF, I once was near a church rebroadcasting their sermon on microwave. It acted just like that until church was over.
Electric fences, silent dog fences and the like can drive it bonkers.

-=j=-

Yep, RF Interference is the only drawback that I have found with C$'s. But if you play with it enough, you will figure out how to minimize the issue.