Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COINSTRIKE vs ID EDGE

tadam84

I think I have narrowed my detector search down to either the coinstrike or the id edge and i would appreciate your feedback to help me in the decision process. any information or opinions y'all could give me would be of much help, and if y'all could recommend another detector other then these two that would be great also...pros, cons, opinions, warranty information...thanks for all the help ahead of time...

all-time favorites. Now, the ID Edge, I haven't used yet, but from what I hear, its a keeper. The pro's with the C$ are, depth, stability, ability to hunt in iron infested sites, easy Ground balancing. Con's are it could take as much as 40-50 hours to really get the hang of it. Some pick it up quickly, others like myself take more time.

Now, the ID Edge is supposed to get close to the same depth as the Coinstrike, is definately lighter and I believe about $250.00 or so cheaperthen the Coinstrike. Both have lifetime warranties.

tadam84,

If you happen to decide on a Coinstrike, I know someone who has one in excellent shape with a Warranty card!!! Let me know if you want to save some serious bucks!

HH,
GH

I was going to say about the same things. They are my 2 favorite units & no need to check into any other brands :) I think whichever one you choose you won't be sorry. It basically comes down to how much you want to spend? The C$ has addtional bells & whistles, like averaging, auto tracking, backlight, salt mode, memory banks, etc...
The Edge is easier to learn & alot lighter & better balanced.....both Fisher warranteed for life.
Good luck, Bill