Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cold Weather Hunt = Silver

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

Well, it's been COLD for West Texas but finally we had a "warm" day in the mid 30's where neither Kenneth or I had other commitments. What to do? That's an easy one: bundle up and get out and swing the V's!

Kenneth and I have been detecting his town and my town for the last 20 years and it's gotten to the point where if we dig a few wheat cents we view it as an accomplishment. We drove up and down streets in the older neighborhoods and finally found a vacant lot that we had not hunted. Between us we only dug 13 memorial cents, a couple clad dimes and some scrap copper. We decided to move on and hopefully find another site that would be more productive. Our next stop was at a recently cleared vacant lot that was adjacent to a site where 15 years ago I dug a Sterling Silver Dupont Trapshooters Trophy watch fob. There, we dug clad quarters, dimes and memorials and of course, some more scrap copper. We finished our hunt by detecting the strip of grass between a parking lot and the local Republican headquarters. We both dug memorials and clad there but my first signal was a solid 88-89 VDI at 4" . I was hoping for a nice silver half but expecting a brass fitting. I was pleasantly surprised to dig this Sterling Silver buckle! It's back mark is "O.N.C. Sterling" and "Handwrought". The monogram - R. E. L may stand for Robert E. Lee, the name of a local high school. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Great finds George!! I am glad you got out on a day with a high of maybe 38. I stayed inside yesterday.

Thanks Jimmy. I don't know if there is a Robert E. Lee school in every Texas town but there is one in the town where I dug the buckle. It weighs 38.7 grams by the way. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks shafer44! It's going to be in the 70's this weekend . Maybe you can get out and swing the coil! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel