Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Colonial artifact ?

Found this artifact where a French and Indian War fort sat in the 1750’s. I thought it was an arrowhead at first but obviously not after I cleaned it up. Any ideas on what it could be. Maybe some sort of bridal rosette was my thinking but how do you tell how old it is ?

Attachments

• 835F3A34-78F4-4BE6-B260-1C5CB5BA6DFE.jpeg
    835F3A34-78F4-4BE6-B260-1C5CB5BA6DFE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 835F4488-5FCF-437D-AF9E-6775383D28DD.jpeg
    835F4488-5FCF-437D-AF9E-6775383D28DD.jpeg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 138
Thanks Jeff that sounds reasonable It’s just that I have never seen anything like it before. It rang up just like a King George copper as I have found some KG II’s in the same area so it is most likely copper or brass. There was also a trading post and an Indian settlement before the fort so I was just hoping that this would date back to that era.

Thats definitely an interesting find! Cant tell if the attachment point on the back is threaded or just a friction fit, that might help identify it better. Otherwise a museum in the area might be best resource.

Possibly ? I’m trying to find a history professor from our local college who also did an archaeology dig at the site years earlier. He might be able to tell me for sure. Thanks for the response either way.