Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Combo Relic

K.B.

I recently dropped my fishing rods and went back to swingin. While down near the old chicken house I dug down and up popped a small well used hammer looking tool with a prybar handle. Looks to be hand-forged. It gave a high iron reading. Is there a name for this tool and how was it used ?
16.jpg15.jpg19.jpg8.jpg

One very similar here...

14" Lovely 3lb Vintage Crate Hammer​

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 8.14.47 PM.png

I need to do more research but so far I believe its a Hammer-headed Double Tree Pin, circa 1765. It was an essential tool used when changing out a wheel on early wagons, (Conestoga) and when the wagon was being drawn, it was used to pin in place the Double Tree. Later the Wagon Wrench replaced the Double Tree Pin. Photos from the book: Conestoga Six-Horse Bell Teams Of Pennsylvania 1750-1850 Pg. 66, Pg. 67
hhdtp Pg 66.pnghhdtp pg 67.png