Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Come through for me Garrett, I leave the 24th

I preordered the at max the first day thinking it would be here at the beginning of june and planned on taking it on vacation with me. Its starting to look like its not going to happen.

Might be worth a shot to call Garrett and see if they would direct ship yours to you if you explain your circumstances.

Worst they can say is no

SavingThePast said:
I preordered the at max the first day thinking it would be here at the beginning of june and planned on taking it on vacation with me. Its starting to look like its not going to happen.
I know how frustrated it can be, I have couple other hunting buddies which cancel their orders because of Garretts unable to answer their questions, they were told that its being software updated and it might be two weeks but it could be longer, not sure it might be September. If I was Garrett I would at least post something online or somewhere to let all those whom order know what's going on. Honestly I don't understand why have preorder if you can supply the demand, that's my take on it.

Yeah, the preorder thing makes no sense. I ordered the first day which i believe was may 9th or 10th so its been well over a month now. I paid in full that day with the expectation I would be getting it in early june. Oh well, i am not mad about it, was just hoping to have it for my trip but thats not gonna happen now.

Yeah I think this is the one time Garrett really screw up, my hunting buddies all are waiting for the MAX and no info on it. They're beginning to wonder if it was ship to MARS

Ok fellow MD, I just got a hold of the one of my buddy at the engineering department (at Garrett), Sorry to tell all you guys and gals that it won't be available soon. No ETA on when its going to be ship out. He pointed out that they are doing some modifications to the volume control and other stuff. I told him that's a bunch of (blank) he laugh it off so I know its more than that.

If we are getting more features that good!! I will sit back and wait patiently as Garrett has always done right by me. I am a big garrett fan and really liked the pro and golld besides no backlight and i hated the grip on it. I am thinking This one is gonna make me happy enough to get rid of all my other maxhines as I dont get out as much as I used to.

The video that Garrett released on the AT Max was just a preview of the new detector that they are working on. Just about all manufacturers will do previews months before they release a new product. There are lots of people anxious for the AT Max to come out including me. There were also lots of rumors on the forums. Since Garrett doesn't have a release date for the Max they and my distributor have asked all of the Garrett dealers last month not to take pre-orders and money from customers. Probably because rumors of early release dates get posted then people get frustrated. We do have wait lists for people that want the AT Max. My wait list is a first come first served list. When Garrett announces the release date for the Max I will go down the wait list starting at the top giving people the opportunity to pre-order the AT Max and getting theirs from my first batches. Usually when manufactures ship a new product, because of the high demand they only send out a limited number, sometimes dealers won't get their full order in the first batch, then the detector goes on back order until the factory makes more. So if you are wanting to be the first on your block to get a Max get on a waiting list. Also keep in mind that manufacturers rarely meet their release date because there are last minute bugs to get out, problems getting parts, etc.

"I think it's after becoming a goofy thing to do now to 'pre advertise' a new detector model.
Causes all kinds of confusion and wasted worry and strife.

Let's get back to the 'good old days' of advertising in a magazine when the device is good and ready to go.

Enjoy your vacation and I guess you have to leave without it? There's always next year!!!"

Des D said:
"I think it's after becoming a goofy thing to do now to 'pre advertise' a new detector model.
Causes all kinds of confusion and wasted worry and strife.

Let's get back to the 'good old days' of advertising in a magazine when the device is good and ready to go.

Enjoy your vacation and I guess you have to leave without it? There's always next year!!!"

Thanks Des! Yep,left without it