Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comfort Level Increasing! 5th Hunt

DrJoeprime

Have the 5th hunt under my belt and I am much more comfortable with the ATX.

What I'm learning:

The ATX can also find shallow things.. trying for the depth is not always necessary...but it's there when you need it.

I run the machine with all rods extended fully for the first two hours...then for the final hour I take up about 6" on the largest shaft. No fatigue and my usual three hour hunts have me not complaining. Anything more than three hours and the sling's the thing.

Using my dry sand scoop and pretty much limiting myself to no deeper than 15"... which is comfortable.

Today I got only a couple coins in the wet and most in the dry. My coin count is up. I'm feeling good in the dry and that's a positive sign.

Still struggling a bit with the hi-lo/lo-hi...trying to use hee-haw and haw-hee to get my brain in tune.

Garrett has themselves a winner!

Joe (California)

Practice will get you closer to Perfect.
I only have about 50 hours in the water with the ATX and boy have I learned a lot from these postings. Learning the ATX is a bit difficult for me as I have a couple thousand hours with the Infinium strapped to my ears.
I read your post and it read like you may not understand at least as I do the difference between the Hi-Lo / Lo-Hi and Hee-Hawing which are two different things.
The Hi-Lo / Lo-Hi refers to the sound a target will make.
The Hee-Hawing refers to the sound made, usually at the end of a sweep when you change the direction of swing, the tipping of the coil or perhaps a slow change in mineralization.
Good luck and keep practicing.