Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coming back to whites...Nervous :blink:

Stix

Been on the forums for awhile and have had alot of detectors. Mainly Garret detectors. I have had the dues and do like it alot. Took awhile to understand it and learn it but did not like certain aspects which are for another time and place. My first venture to whites was a beach hunter and it worked good but that was very early in my career and didn't do alot of water detecting that was my bad. The next venture was the MX sport. Liked the look and feel but it was when all the problems... Some say yes there was some say no there was not tainted my appeal. I did notice quirks..... yet I bought it on release. I didn't keep it long. I have not detected at all this year in Michigan and felt I have missed out on a hobby I do enjoy. I seen a detector for sale in the classifieds and decided to jump back in. This time it is late in the game as we will be getting cold soon. I just could not let this hobby go. Forum members .......well some I can haha!!

I picked up a used V3i and look forward to making this detector stick. Learn it and stick with it. I will need a water detector but not sure that will be a whites but that is another matter aswell. A good price, a well made detector and time in the field. My expectations are to get back in and have fun learning a whites and sticking with it. I am not gonna bother ya all with tell me this or that as tons of things are posted on these forums and youtube. I just wanted to say Hello again and hope to post some great finds and my experience with the detector. I am no pro just a guy who just can't leave this hobby. It is a hobby that keeps on giving.

Hope to post some good finds. Feedback probly is not needed on this machine so I will say my thoughts.

Have a good night everyone.

Welcome back.....
Here is a good place to start.... Rob's Links
Also the V3i thread at White's. Particularly the lock sticky threads.

Howdy Stix--

No need to be nervous - be excited! Your new purchase is a powerful detector that can be customized to your ground, hunting style and specific goals. Johnedoe gave you good advice to check the sticky notes at the top of this page. Regardless of which program(s) you use, may I suggest that you make sure that the following adjustments are on your "live search screen": Sensitivity, Recovery Delay, Filters, Bottle Cap Reject, and Discrimination? Those are the adjustments that I have found to be the most frequently, in the field, adjustments that warrant changing. Have fun and go slow with other changes until you feel comfortable making other changes. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks for the links and advice guys. Don't have alot of time left and it should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to it. :) I will be sure to check in after my first outing!

I wouldn't be afraid of the MX Sport anymore. That Storm is over and the issues on launch corrected. I have one now and love it. It runs like a waterproof F75.

Can't go wrong with a v3i ...