Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre 3D Mod

Had some time off and it's been raining a bunch so I decided to tinker with the compadre.
Thanks to Bleaver for posting the schematic and providing some fine tuning tips.
I know we have to dig trash to find gold but this is a very handy mod for quickly classifying targets.
I used a on-on-on switch instead of the momentary-on-momentary.
The trimmer pots are Bourns 25 turn 100k.
Works like a champ and is a little quicker than moving disc control for id.
Here's a video link showing it on some surface targets in the yard.

Noah

https://youtu.be/nSG8qfENHhg

Nice video. Videos are not in my wheel house so I appreciate yours.

I got the idea for the 3D mod from my Troy X5. Your mod seems to work just as it should so kudos to you.

That's my first attempt at any video so thanks.
Amazing what phones are capable of these days.
Gonna try to do one on my waterproof Compadre next.

Took your advice and adjusted the zincs to break up on the upper setting.
Dug a ton of them at a park yesterday.
Thanks again for the info and advice.

Very nice Noah,

And you're right, this is a handy setup for quickly checking targets. Well done, beautiful workmanship.

Paul