Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre and 4 inch coil?

tvanwho

I just recently acquired a Compadre with the 5.75 inch coil.Does anybody know if the 4 inch coil from a Umax detector will work with the Compadre? If so, how to wire it in ?
I own a Lobo ST and just learnt how to tweak it for more depth on coins altho it messed up my discrimination a little. But airtesting 12-14 inch on quarters and half dollars now vs 8 inch max from the factory,will give it a new life.

-Tom

I use a 4'' 5pin coil on my Compadre and also the 7'' Conctric coil as well,mine had the conversion done so that i can use other coils,how this is done i am afraid i dont have a clue.Prehaps some of the technical guru's will help you out on this one.

The main coil is the 7'' one,but i change over to the smaller coil if i do shallow river/ford detecting as that i find is a great place to find items that have been dropped over 100s of years but also these type of places do have trash as well,so to get in between the trash to find the decent targets i use the smaller 4'' coil.Another place that is popular with using Tesoro detectors machines and the 4'' coil is on the Thames foreshore in London,the Tesoro machines are possibly the best for this job due to the superb discrimination.

all the 5 pin coils work on the Compadre. Here are some links. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1216635,1221608 http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1926558

Thanks.Since I am electronically challenged, might be better to sell the Compadre and get a Silver U max with plug.I had one years ago with 4 inch coil and it did great around parking meters especially. No need to stand up all the time , just sit on my rear end and poke around each meter a couple feet for coins in the grass.

Someone might do the mod for you. I had a silver and found it to be great. That being said I sold it and kept my compadre. To each his own.

Hmm, as a matter of fact, the only 2 detectors I have ever paid for with finds, were my old Compadre and my Tesoro Lobo ST. And the Lobo was also my BEST jewelry machine with the 8 inch donut coil thanks to beach/swim area hunting altho I had to send it back to Tesoro 3 times for water damage and they didn't like that. If I ever damage it again with water, they told me I would pay. And it was only drops of water, not dunking it. I guess when you are detecting in water, it gets onto the coil wire, and if you lift the detector too high, the drops can run down the cable and into your control box connector and then inside the box and you are toast. heck, they told me one customer sweated real heavy , and it was his sweat that shorted the Lobo circuit board.

-Tom