Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

compadre excells where others fail :detecting:

wltdwiz

hi all
ive detected this old hotel / gas station with other wiz bang metered super detectors with not to good of results .

today i took the little old compadre to the site

this site dates back to the 1890s / 1930s & i was hopeing for some coins but i guess im not the first to hunt it :surprised:
but the compadre handled in the massive trash laden ground like a champ...
& found 10 times the targets
it handles great & its fun to hunt with
its my grab & go unit :detecting:
im so glad i came back home :tesoro:

sometimes simple is better

[attachment 274657 DSCN0607.JPG]
[attachment 274658 DSCN0608.JPG]
[attachment 274659 DSCN0612.JPG]
[attachment 274660 DSCN0613.JPG]
[attachment 274661 DSCN0615.JPG]
[attachment 274663 DSCN0620.JPG]

Yeah-it can be frustrating listening to all those other sounds, but sometimes they turn out to be missed gold! I have a basketball court I search and there is a spill of small pistol cartridges and the Compadre gives 3-4 quick, soft beeps. My other detectors only give a scratch on the speakers if I use a sniper coil. Most of this dilemna had to do with the mineralization, but it was handled by the Compadre easily at low disc. level. One of the best exercises in learning the Compadre is sizing the target-since it picks up so many metal targets.

So the detector worked well.............but honestly you just found a bunch of worthless junk!!!! Oh well maybe next time. LOL LOL

quote: but honestly you just found a bunch of worthless junk!!!!

theres at least a bucks worth of brass there :rofl:

i nugget hunt here in az & more often than not worthless junk is all you get
you should see my lead collection :yikes:
but sometimes nuggets hide with the junk :thumbup:

you should see my lead collection
its just great to get out there

worthless junk , tokens are often made of brass, and if other have missed brass theymayhave missed gold & tokens I like your jeep , as well those are good indicator finds, nice old spot and it just takes one good find others have missed just one ,

Treasure is in the eye of the beholder. For me its all about the experience, and getting out to a site like that would be enjoyable by itself. Thanks for sharing.

Ivan said:
So the detector worked well.............but honestly you just found a bunch of worthless junk!!!! Oh well maybe next time. LOL LOL
True. But here's the dilemna. You have good success with other detectors on coin-sized objects, as well as ID to help you out with the trash. Then, one day you take a Compadre to these sites and start finding those little charms, etc. From that day on, in the back of your mind is the thought "I wonder what I've missed?" At least it does me.