Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre finds 11th gold ring *lost and found again* :clapping:

deliveryboy

This is the ring in my previous post where I thought I threw it away while sorting. Found a few weeks ago in a park field while just roaming freely. I set it aside while waiting for my newly ordered diamond tester to arrive (BTW the diamond is real) :clapping:

Ring stamped P14k which at first i thought was "Plated" but after research I found it was
Google said:
"Plumb" or true 14K gold It is a mark indicating exactly 14 karats of gold, no less, no more. A mark of quality.

The ring was smashed flat when I dug it up, I tired to straighten it but unfortunately cracked it below the diamond. Anyhow thanks for looking once the weather gets cooler here in AZ I hope to add to my gold collection. :) Happy Hunting!

Originally found with Compadre 5.75" coil on "Iron" discrimination approximately 3" deep! Found it the second time with my eyes and determination. :)

Couldn't get camera to focus for some reason today, sorry for poor quality.
D5rID4Q.jpg

iKa8aMi.jpg

y10K2yW.jpg

Sweet find! Question for you.... how do you compare the Silver Umax and the Compadre as to depth? Do you find them similar...? I think they have different processors from what I have read. I think I would like to have both of them from all reports here on the forum. Trying to order one but I have been unable to find a dealer so far that will answer my emails or has not gone out of business. Trying a fourth one today. I won't order from Kellyco.

Good find on that ring!

Thanks Tabmagnet.

Honestly lately I have been neglecting my Silver, the Compadre is just to easy to use and fun. I have been finding beertabs, clad and some dime sized silver and garbage jewelry at about 7" to 8" deep with compadre...I hate digging deep since i have my small digger usually in parks lol I feel 7 to 8" is sufficient for any park and most hunting. BTW I usually hunt @ Iron discrimination so I get little to no depth loss.

Im sure the silver can get a bit more depth but again I dont care to dig that deep in most instances, I try to keep a low profile in parks. Maybe its time for me to play with my Silver again a bit lol They do have different processsors, the Compadre has incredible discrimination 180 vs I believe 120 on the silver( a wider detection array) from what I understand about it. They also operate at different frequencies Silver 10.6khz vs Compadre 12khz

I feel they are very close depthwise give or take 2" I like the silver cause it covers more ground faster but if you get a good hit under the Compadre it is usually right under the coil.

I will never part with either machine. You cant go wrong with a Compadre, I suggest maybe getting one (watch craigslist I have bought 3 under $100 there,sold 1 with 7" now i regret) and saving your clad, jewelry and other finds and purchase the Silver with that or maybe a better machine (outlaw, tejon, cortez, etc.) I have used my finds to pay for all of my current machines, started with Compadre.

Good luck on whatever you decide. Also I dont know if you knew about this on Kellyco, I use it for comparisons http://www.kellycodetectors.com/compare/?a=185

Thanks, that helps quite a bit. I had not seen the Kellyco comparison site. Looks quite informative. I live just a few minutes from Kellyco.... but wanted to support the dealers here if possible.

Trying to find out from Tabman where Rusty's site is so I can do business with him if possible.

I was going to get one or the other today from a dealer about 30 min from me... but found out they are out of business so that was a bust. Will just order it online.

There is something so very cool about using a Compadre and cleaning house.... sort of like a sleeper machine.... amongst all the bells and whistles of the screen machines out there today. I think I would get a very large amount of satisfaction from that. I just can't see paying $1500 to $3000 for a detector.... It would take all the joy out of it I think for me. I think you have a great philosophy about building your fleet of detectors off of finds.... makes sense to me.

Check pawn shops as well.. I got my Lobo ST for only $150 they wanted $200 and I haggled them down :) Got my Silver off Craigslist for $90.. I have been lucky here in AZ $1500 worth of machines for $530 including 2 bounty hunters I love their Tracker 4's BTW

deliveryboy said:
Check pawn shops as well.. I got my Lobo ST for only $150 they wanted $200 and I haggled them down :) Got my Silver off Craigslist for $90.. I have been lucky here in AZ $1500 worth of machines for $530 including 2 bounty hunters I love their Tracker 4's BTW

Yep, spent yesterday combing the pawn shops.... nada. So far Craigslist has turned up one Tesoro Vaquaro but the guy wants just about internet retail on it. I'll keep my eyes open however. Waiting now on Rusty to see what he has.

TabMagnet said:
Sweet find! Question for you.... how do you compare the Silver Umax and the Compadre as to depth? Do you find them similar...? I think they have different processors from what I have read. I think I would like to have both of them from all reports here on the forum. Trying to order one but I have been unable to find a dealer so far that will answer my emails or has not gone out of business. Trying a fourth one today. I won't order from Kellyco.

Good find on that ring!
If I had it to do all over again, I would just get the Compadre. But I still use both. The Silver whenever I just want coins.

slingshot said:
TabMagnet said:

Good find on that ring!
If I had it to do all over again, I would just get the Compadre. But I still use both. The Silver whenever I just want coins.

I ordered a Silver today, but still think I will add the Compadre to the mix eventually.

I love my COMPADRE also. I did at one time own 2 Mine Labs ( Excaliber and Safari ). I hated them both . The EX was to top heavy for my old arms, The knobs would break off. The Safari was not as bad. I just did not like a TV screen. I hated all the music that they both played. I sold them both. Stuck with my Tesoros. Vaquero.. Tiger Shark ...2 Compadres. And a lot more fun and more goodies. ... KEN

I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a Compadre. It's simply incredible what it'll do. Don't worry about depth-you'll find enough the first 5" the others miss.

People who have never used a Tesoro Compadre don't know what they're missing.

tabman