Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre finds small silver

[attachment 313756 image.jpg][attachment 313757 image.jpg]Today I had a small reminder of just what the Compadre is capable of. I found this small earring or charm at the same location as I found the gold and silver bracelet and silver ring in the same hole just a little while ago. It never ceases to amaze me what this simple, yet fantastic detector can do. With 2 hunts in the last month, 1st hunt found silver and gold jewelry, 2nd hunt silver jewelry. I really like this compadre, been saying that for about 4 years now. It is my 1st 925 silver from China as well. I usually dig them with Italy 925 stamped on them or just plain 925 on them. Yes I had some trash and also some coins. Keep digging the trash that's how you find the treasure. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. Special thanks from my family and I to all those who have served and continue to serve. We know there is a price for freedom and express our gratitude to all you brave men and women. Thank you with the deepest gratitude to you and your families. Best wishes.

any silver is nice to find, Glad you are happy with the compadre.

good job and thanks for sharing your finds, took mine for a spin today nothing exciting other than a coin that I missed with other machines with higher disc in the middle of 3 pulltabs I was "O" in iron hunting looking for some yellow.

I will keep Tesoro ing this park till all the targets are gone park about 30 years old 1 gold so far plenty of coins and hope my hard work will find another bit of gold, and one thing is for sure the Compadre will find it, I am finding the bit the tab pushes in on cans to show the drink hole, which some people must pull out and throw on the ground must have been a good game of soccer :punch:

so if its finding those at a few inches I am sure small gold is not a problem.

so happy hunting and hope you find some more good stuff with the Compadre 33.

AJ

I am more than happy with my Compadre, Kaolinwasher . It is easy to dig everything with this detector, because it pinpoints so easily and is dead on with the discrimination. I have had great success with it in trashy areas due to it's small coil size it can separate targets easily. I have been setting the disc low and digging everything. AJ I have been saving all of the nasty pull tabs and aluminum cans I find as well. I figure if I am going to pick them up anyway, why throw them away. I might be able to turn them in eventually and put that money even if it may be small towards new gear. It makes digging the trash a little less annoying for me. I found a recycling place in the area that will take them. I hope you find the gold again soon in that area you are detecting. My site I am digging is about 45 years old in my best guess. My brother yesterday found a 14k ring swinging a Compadre. It always nice to see Gold or Silver under the coil. I am just happy to get out and detect. HH

yeah good idea 33 saving the trash wish I had been , oh well never to late to start probably dug enough tabs to buy a machine :rage:

yes I totally agree I am so grateful I can go out and have a hunt, it sure is nice finding yellow stuff but today I was feeling the same just glad to be out here digging tabs it became quite meditative in a way which I found strange, but am going to run with it :cool:

so have high $ machines in the cupboard and I take the Compadre must mean something hey !!

hope you get some gold soon also !!
AJ

Have just recently bought a Compadre and its a cracking little machine,mine has the ability to use all 5 pin coils on it,only used the 4'' and 8'' concentric coil and i am most suprised how good it is,its not a depth monster but it certinly does not miss much,i used some fine gold chains that my wife has in here jewellery boxes and it picked them up no problems,even some top spec machines missed these.

Its a very underated machine,and gradually using it more and more on some of my really trashy roman sites.

the one knob wonder hey :biggrin: I keep digging those faint signals in the hope of gold chains one day it will be there like a gold snake :bouncy:

gotta love that little 4" coil I cant change but use it on the silver and its sure small but fun to use !!

hope you are having plenty of fun with it :biggrin:

AJ

I keep telling people this thing has superpowers.
Yours is huge compared to this one.
Found last fall in a park absolutely surrounded by trash.
Still rang out loud and clear like it was a silver dollar.
THE smallest, thinnest silver ring I have ever dug...or seen.
.3 grams
Not 3 grams...POINT 3 grams.

Sitting on a dime to give you an idea of actual size.

Just wait, way more coming if you continue to swing this thing.

@REVIER,out of interest what size coil do you have on you Compadre ??? i currently use the 4'' hockey puk coil,but also have a 7'' WS that i can use but i had a spare small coil so just use that at the moment.

Mega said:
@REVIER,out of interest what size coil do you have on you Compadre ??? i currently use the 4'' hockey puk coil,but also have a 7'' WS that i can use but i had a spare small coil so just use that at the moment.

I have an older version with the hardwired 7" coil.
The sense was turned up to just a hair below max by Skiwhiz who was silly enough to sell it to me so I am at least the third owner...and the last.
Works fantastic in heavy trash just like it was a smaller coil, when hunting large wide open areas it is just big enough not to frustrate me.
Best of all worlds.
It picks up objects so tiny my jaw drops, and it has found me enough clad, silver and gold jewelry to pay for itself many times not to mention many great older coins, too.
I have only used it part time since I bought it, also.
The best chain sniffer I have ever swung, and nothing I know of can get as close to large iron and find targets...even coins leaning on big iron or fence posts.
This is my prime tool for seeded hunts where speed really counts and it's speed and accuracy has won me hundreds of dollars worth of prizes.

My depth isn't phenomenal, I think the newer 8" coil gets a little deeper, but it goes deep enough to find 99% of what I am looking for.
I have fun using all my detectors and great fun using my Vaq, but this thing is more fun to use than its bigger brother for some reason.
I couldn't even imagine a world where I didn't own this thing and couldn't grab it at a moment's notice whenever I want.
I really wouldn't want to live in that world.

I think that everyone that has a compadre could wright a book on how good it really is. I have a hand full of detectors, the compadre is the one I use the most. The compodre will talk to you. After your first battery, you understand the beeps. Just think how many people belong to THE CHURCH OF THE COMPADRE.... KEN. Ind.

I go to church :unsure:

just got back from a hunt, found this about 2" down and the Compadre smashed it I had to dig .

.95 of a gram 9K and if anyone is interested come in at a solid 50 on the F19.

wish every target was one of these :bouncy:

disc at "N" in iron and dig everything that sounds good and some that don't and don't worry I dig a lot of crap but little suprises like this make up for it :bouncy:

got to love this passion or sport or hobby or what ever it is :wiggle: I call it meditation because it brings me right in to the moment nothing else matters :clapping:

AJ

P5270001.jpg

amberjack said:

just got back from a hunt, found this about 2" down and the Compadre smashed it I had to dig .

disc at "N" in iron and dig everything that sounds good and some that don't and don't worry I dig a lot of crap but little suprises like this make up for it :bouncy:

got to love this passion or sport or hobby or what ever it is :wiggle: I call it meditation because it brings me right in to the moment nothing else matters :clapping:

AJ

Awesome sauce!

9k...unusual for jewelry made in the U.S., not so much for other countries like Germany where 8k is common.
Some countries like in the middle east and Asia people wouldn't even look at gold jewelry unless it was at least 22k.

As good as the Compadre is on coins, something about this thing's availability to find precious metals in almost any size, configuration or form seems otherworldly.
It is as if this thing was designed to do that from the beginning instead of just being made to be marketed as an entry level detector.
Tesoro reps have stated in writing on these forums that they made this thing and its forerunner the Amigo TOO good.
Thank goodness they did.

Just following along here in amazement, contemplating...and drooling...:surprised::drool: Nice testimony DD, AJ, and R...:clapping:
Mud

REVIER said:
amberjack said:

AJ

Awesome sauce!

9k...unusual for jewelry made in the U.S., not so much for other countries like Germany where 8k is common.
Some countries like in the middle east and Asia people wouldn't even look at gold jewelry unless it was at least 22k.

As good as the Compadre is on coins, something about this thing's availability to find precious metals in almost any size, configuration or form seems otherworldly.
It is as if this thing was designed to do that from the beginning instead of just being made to be marketed as an entry level detector.
Tesoro reps have stated in writing on these forums that they made this thing and its forerunner the Amigo TOO good.
Thank goodness they did.

REVIER I am across the way a bit :ausflag: so yeah 9K is the norm here sure would rather it be 10K :sadwalk: then 14, 18 never found anything over 18 so not even sure if it exists here maybe, but who knows?

I know how well does it hit on small foil , like my pinpointer wont even pick it up so I am scratching around looking for this bit of foil the same colour as dirt :rage: but its that part of the machine that makes it smash shallow gold I guess, I dig those faint ones in the hope of gold chains.

to me in my ph's it sounds like a whip cracking ring was 2nd hole today and wack for such a small ring I was amazed at the how hard it hit. I would have to have been sleep walking to have not dug it.

sure is a great machine for the $.s and I have some nice machines and seem to using this little toy more and more its closest to the door so that must mean something :biggrin:

I am real happy they made it to well also and well there is sure still more targets under zinc for me to see what they are so maybe the others get a rest for awhile :blowup:

AJ

mudpuppy said:
Just following along here in amazement, contemplating...and drooling...:surprised::drool: Nice testimony DD, AJ, and R...:clapping:
Mud

So you going to get one Mud :poke:

I though yeah yeah for years and bought one not that long ago, kicking myself I waited so long :rage:

AJ

amberjack said:
REVIER I am across the way a bit :ausflag: so yeah 9K is the norm here sure would rather it be 10K :sadwalk: then 14, 18 never found anything over 18 so not even sure if it exists here maybe, but who knows?

I know how well does it hit on small foil , like my pinpointer wont even pick it up so I am scratching around looking for this bit of foil the same colour as dirt :rage: but its that part of the machine that makes it smash shallow gold I guess, I dig those faint ones in the hope of gold chains.

to me in my ph's it sounds like a whip cracking ring was 2nd hole today and wack for such a small ring I was amazed at the how hard it hit. I would have to have been sleep walking to have not dug it.

sure is a great machine for the $.s and I have some nice machines and seem to using this little toy more and more its closest to the door so that must mean something :biggrin:

I am real happy they made it to well also and well there is sure still more targets under zinc for me to see what they are so maybe the others get a rest for awhile :blowup:

AJ

Have heart...
This year I found something very unusual for here in the colonies, a 22k ring.
Definitely someone from India either made it here custom or brought it over.
You live closer to those that enjoy high karat jewelry and you have those visitors too, and if you roll over anything they lose like this with the Compadre, any detector really, you will probably know it.
Pic below of what could be a lifetime find.
The other pic is why I always recommend to explore lowering the disc when using the Compadre.
This is a very tiny and thin bracelet...silver.
My first silver find of 2012 in a public park.
At the O in iron it was there loud and clear, at the N it was gone.
I have found lots of other silver chains from foil on up, also.
Chains are tough to see for most detectors but they seem to be pretty easy for the Compadre if you know what you are looking for.
Hit the clasp, even one as small as this one and it should come in loud and clear.
I have also found many chains without clasps, too.

wow that is interesting O in and N gone, I have been in O but moved to N might have to go back to O wow imagine someone reading this that doesn't use a Tesoro :lmfao:

must think what are these guys smoking :unsure:

nice finds by the way well done !!

thanks for the tips and yes who knows what's been dropped never know hey all part of the fun isn't it :biggrin:

I will be out tomorrow O ing :bouncy:

as the old saying goes there can't be just one and out in the sun having fun what's not to like ground is soft and the one knob wonder is ready for its next mission :thumbup:

so fingers crossed for some goodies !

thanks again!

AJ

I have rejoined the Church of the Compadre for good. I've owned a few and sold them, always thinking I was missing something.

The truth is I never had as much fun in this hobby or found as much stuff as I did with the Compadre. I have tried a lot of different detectors, but always found myself coming back. Not knocking the other detectors, I just didn't connect with them the way I did with the Compadre.

I have learned my lesson.

welcome back to the church of the one knob wonder :bouncy:

I must say it is a different machine to most and doesn't take to long to understand what it's talking about and wonder why I have other machines :unsure: sure they all have their place but this thing has turned my head and that doesn't happen so easy these days !!

have fun with the new Compadre !! sure you will :jump:

AJ