Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

compadre finds teenie target, then big

larbear

Took a short break from work and drove the short distance to the lakefront. Started hunting the grassy areas where the young adults like to lay their blankets while they work on their tans. This area gets hunted pretty hard during the swim season as you can imagine. I like to go through it about once a year to see if anything got left behind or maybe pick up some fresh drops.
I wanted to swing something light as my arm and shoulder are sore from a gym workout, my grip is affected also. Grabbed the Compadre and it didn't let me down.
I was finding mostly zincolns for quite some time, figure these were left behind by the cherry pickers. Was running the Compadre at the N in IRON, picking up some square tabs and foil to go along with the zincolns.
I found a few nickels and dimes, then got another repeatable signal that ended up being hard to find. I could narrow it down with my pinpointer, but it remained hidden in the roots of the grass. I finally tore out a very small section of grass and proceeded to tear it apart piece by piece until I located the darn thing. It turned out to be the connector (clasp ?) for a very thin chain. It is next to the clad half.
My very next target was that clad half, only about a foot away. I located it with my pinpointer first, then I felt it with my fingers before I saw it. I could feel that it was probably a coin, but it felt like a BIG one! It was a '74 Kennedy half. I took a moment to consider the size difference between the two targets. I guess the Compadre finds 'em all, big and small.
HH & GL out there.

Thanx for sharing. I'm usually at "r"in "iron" and wasn't sure the smaller clasps would stay in detection past that. If all rings were gold, I'd be rich!!