Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre high tone mod

Hello.

Had the same question about a deleon many moons ago.
Was told the audio freq. is build inside a chip via software.
So the only way would be to send it in to the Tesoro factory.
But that wasn't my deal.
To be sure I'd visit the Geotech Forums and start a search.
Think this question was/is asked many times.

Good Luck

I'm pretty sure the high tone mod is cibola/vaquero only.
They are around 300hZ from factory.
The mod bumps them up to 630hZ range.
That is the factory tone for compadre and most others.

Noah

answering yes. you have to disconnect one pin of 4024 and connect another on a diode.
so simple if you are in electronics.

kt315 said:
answering yes. you have to disconnect one pin of 4024 and connect another on a diode.
so simple if you are in electronics.

have you done this?

From Geotech, from my files. Not sure what model this pertains to. Also here is Schematics I have. 4024 is on the bottom left

"The -ve voltage is generated using a 4024 divider chip and a push pull stage (as per all their other machines). On THREE of the outputs of this chip is a diode OR matrix which combines the outputs into one then to the audio amp stage. Move ONE of these diodes along ONE leg on the chip so instead of dividing Ftx by say 64 to give the audio base tone, it divided by 128 (half the frequency as an output) and thus a lower overall tone.

Like this;
Find pin 5 and move the end of the diode that is connected to it to pin 6. Job done three minutes = LOW pitch mod (and NO profit for rip off modders)

Disconnect the ANODE of the diode which is connected to PIN5 of the IC and connect it instead to PIN6. This will LOWER the tone. IF you want a higher tone, then disconnect the ANODE of the diode from PIN 9 and connect it to PIN 11. This will give a HIGHER tone.

No advantage EXCEPT that the standard tone is around 800Hz, the higher one around 1600 (or soemthing like that). The mod moves the tone into the range where the ear is usually most sensitive to small changes in amplitude, thus, in theory, giving the user better aural sensitivity to small signal changes"

i do not need done it. my level in electronics gives me imagination to image the schematics' working in my head.