Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre in tot lot

TP63

Was hunting in a wood chip tot lot and the compadre was a bit chatty. I noticed that under the top layer of wood chips the ones underneath were wet.
Is this normal or could my sensitivity be set too high?

I would look around the area, sounds like there may be a power transformer or power lines emitting interference. Wet ground should not cause any issues. Most likely EMI unfortunately.You could turn up discrimination perhaps to see if it helps.

Might also be metal tacks holding down landscape cloth under the chips. I've run into this a few times.

Tot lots can and will hold very small pieces of what i always called camp lead,same holds true for tot lots with that ground up rubber which i presume is tires which hold the metal tire studs.Now not in a tot lot type of enviroment where i hunted yesterday there were powerlines running near the area i was hunting and the Compadre didn't want anything to do with this area,darn thing went nuts as i got closer and that's even with almost maxing out my sensitivity,finally just got away from the area and all was back to normal.The wet wood chips aren't the problem most likely some fo the things already mentioned or what i have mentioned here.

Thanks for the replies. I will look for nearby power lines or turn up my disc to see if I can't get through that thing.

The only time I ever had any issue with a chatty Compadre, not counting being under a few but not all power lines, was at one tot lot at a small private park near my home.
There is a pool in this tiny park, and it is surrounded by other homes on all sides.
What the cause was exactly I don't know...wifi, a large transformer box sitting on the ground, pool equipment...I have absolutely no idea.
I did not like this, it never happened to me before anywhere else, but once I turned up the sense a little from iron the problem went away.
This happened almost 2 years ago and I have never seen my Compadre act this way since.

Another thing that will cause your chatter is a WI_FI system near by. I never had a problem at my house till one afternoon when my wife turned on the wi- fi for the computer. Drove me nuts. Went in the house. Seen the Wi-Fi on. Tried something. Turned it off , went back outside. Turned on my compadre and worked perfectly. So may be someone close by has one on.... KEN