Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre Mods

shen13

Can anyone help me find the pots needed for the compadre mods//
Iam looking for the 3 3/4 pot and also looking for the cable connectors for the coil mod
I know switchcraft has them but looking for others as well.
and info will be appreciated
thanks

That looks really nice. I was wondering how you made the new faceplate. Is it just a Compadre faceplate with holes for the new pots? If so how did you label them so that they look like original.
Great Job!
Thanks!

Nice set up you got going. I have a Compadre I added a cable connector and a volume control knob, don't like headphones. I think I figured out the reason you put GB and Sens. pots on your machine was so when you switch coils you can adjust without going inside the control housing. If this is the case I may have to do mine too. I took the 8x9 coil off my golden and tested a little bit. Got a 8 inch round coil coming in Friday I will try, if I can't get a happy medium setting internally I will be trying to do your Mods. Anyway, nice set up and thanks for posting pics.

The faceplate was done by a friend of mine..I will see if he saved the image and post it if he did,,Yes the external GB and SENS was added for different coil
changes..I am looking to get the 9x8 coil..I have a stock 8'' Compadre to compare to.I have now added a DISC1 and DISC2 to the Compadre (waiting on toggle switches to come in)I will be able to switch between 2 disc settings with a flip of the switch,.

The faceplate was done by a friend of mine..I will see if he saved the image and post it if he did,,Yes the external GB and SENS was added for different coil
changes..I am looking to get the 9x8 coil..I have a stock 8'' Compadre to compare to.I have now added a DISC1 and DISC2 to the Compadre (waiting on toggle switches to come in)I will be able to switch between 2 disc settings with a flip of the switch,.

for people interested in making there own faceplate//

https://bay168.mail.live.com/mail/ViewOfficePreview.aspx?messageid=mgJwt5qrLw4xGyNAAiZMFUTg2&folderid=flinbox&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&n=93628131

added the second disc and 3 3/4 turn pot for GB..toggle under handle is to switch the disc's...

Nice

These are my compadres. 7" stock except ultralight streight shaft. About a pound lighter than original. 5.75 compadre in water proof case with 3 discs, sens, and volume. The switches on the outside of the box aer on/off and disc slector. One disc set to reject iron, one to reject everything under pulltab and one to reject pulltabs or zincons. Now if I get a hit in disc 1 ican switch to disc2 if its not there dig, if its there switch to 3. If its there dig, not there probably a tab. I just finished it so I dont know how well it works in the real world yet. Works great on air tests.

Modded my ultra light comp. I was selling the coils but decided to do this instead. Coil connector and sens pot. I am also wondering how do you ground balance a detector without a threshold? Thanks