Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre needs a refined sidekick, which?

What additional Tesoro would you want if all you have is the Compadre for starters? Would the Super Track Lobo be a good addition or the digital readout Cortez? I like that the Cortez gives the targets a number as that seems very handy, but the Lobo seems like a well built no frills unit. Are the Tejon and Vaquero just as good at a lower price? Thanks

i use a vaquero. it works well. have gone out hunting with a guy a few times that has a higher end bounty hunter. it blows it away in disc mode. stuff he will get a good number on, i have gone over it with disc set at about 10 o'clock and i will not pick it up. sure enough when he digs it. its junk. must say, depth wise there about even on some things. but, the vaq is the only detector i have ever used though.

I think I'd go the Vaquero route. It's light, fast and deep. Killer B's Wasp Headphones work great with the Vaquero.

tabman

Is the Vaquero popular because of its lower price to higher performance ratio? What will the higher price units like Cortez, Tejon and Lobo do that the Vaquero may not do as well?

If it were me I get the Deleon. You want a display and you will get it. Add the sweet sound of a uMax series and you can't go wrong. In my opinion their is more discernible information in the Umax series tone vs. the Hot series. Don't get me wrong they both give good info but I like the uMax better. Others may disagree.

So, Cortes vs. Deleon? Ask Tabman, he will tell you the Deleon. Tabman is no rookie, I would trust his opinion on that one. From what I have read and been told the Deleon is a deep one on top of it.

Are Tesoros high end models operated similar to the Compadre? Do they remain quiet and beep when they hit a target? I'd like something that doesn't needs to be swung all the time. Motionless detector? Does only the Lobo do that?

heavymetalbeeper said:
Are Tesoros high end models operated similar to the Compadre? Do they remain quiet and beep when they hit a target? I'd like something that doesn't needs to be swung all the time. Motionless detector? Does only the Lobo do that?

Perhaps you could hire someone to swing it for you .

heavymetalbeeper said:
I'm working on that. My dog is being fitted for a belly mounted detector:super:

Good one ! I'm always glad to see some humor in these forums . You have a lot of questions to answer which require a lot of specifics and someone who has used a lot of different Tesoros . If I may suggest , why not call up and talk to Rusty or one of the gang at Tesoro .
They are really good about answering questions over the phone it works much better than sending them an E-mail . Also you might try one of the sponsors here that sells Tesoros or go to the Tesoro company forum and look under products , they list all the specifications of their current and past models also . I'm not sure of which of all the models that have the true no motion pinpoint . Best of luck and welcome to the forum .:thumbup:

I would get a Tejan, it has a threshold all metal and is deep , the compadre is disc only no threshold , I can tell more about the size and depth of an buried object with a threshold all metal , but in disc it gets hard to tell a deep flat can from a suface nickel ,

Would the Tejon or Cortez be about the most fully adjustable and feature rich units by Tesoro? I'd rather not get a detector with a feature I'll never use like the shifting frequency the Vaquero and others have as I do not plan on detecting with groups ever so theres no point in paying for that. Manual ground balance is a must. I'd like the exact opposite of my Compadre's simplicity. Would that sophistication be the Tejon?
A rep from Tesoro emailed me that the tejon is the deepest detector, but really didn't answer its effectiveness on gold. Being the LST is suppose to be a great gold hound, but not manual ground balance does it do deep coins and relics as well as the tejon?