Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre or mid-rang Bounty Hunter?

Skyhawk

I was introduced to metal detecting this last Christmas with a used BH Discovery 1100 as a gift. Not knowing anything @ metal detecting, I started visiting forums to learn more and have had some success finding coins with the BH. Then I discovered the Tesoro machines and began to think that maybe you don't need all of the LCDs and extra stuff on a machine to do a good job locating treasure. So, instead of having my sights on a mid range BH for the future, I am thinking about at least a Compadre or Majave. I look mainly for coins and any artifact that might come up. The Compadre has such a sharp tone and recovery is great; much better than my little BH Discovery. Any thoughts on comparisons between the Tesoros and the mid range Bounty Hunters? I'm really looking forward to upgrading.

Thank you for any advice on this.

I have only played with a coworker bounty hunter, but the recovery was alot slower than tesoros.
The compadre and Mojave are great choices.
The compadre is a awesome machine especially at its price. It punches way above its price range.
The Mojave has the added benefit of sensitivity adjust and a ground switch if you run into bad ground @$90 more.
If your soil is mild, the compadre will run great.
If your soil isn't or you may run into bad soil, the Mojave is a great choice running in the high ground setting.

Be careful. Tesoros are addicting. My signature shows it haha

Bh platinum if moving up on this brand or look for a teknetic gamma there are dirt cheap if you know how to look plus they ate awesomr detectors

Tesoro makes some great detectors.....the Mohave , Compadre, and Silver µmax would all make great upgrades from your Bounty Hunter.
With the Mohave and Silver you can add larger or smaller coils to pick through the trash or get a bit more depth in cleaner sites.
The Compadre has a hard wired coil that can't be changed, you either have the 5 3/4" or 8 " coil depending on which version you buy.

If you really want to step up your upgrade, check out the Teknetics T2 Classic or Teknetics Patriot. For 499.00 for the Classic and 399.99 for the Patriot you can't beat their performance for the price.
Both machines are much deeper than the Tesoro machines and have many more features.....and you won't need to upgrade again with either detector...........HH

Roger