Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre Pulls war nickel

Went to an old park today. I tried running my GBP but it was chattering like mad on all the little foil and other trash. I switched to my modded Compadre with the 7" coil and pulled a 1943 war nickel. It was sideways in the hole with 5-6" of dirt and 2"+ of grass on top of it. The signal wasnt the best but it was repeatable. THis has to be the deepest coin I have pulled to date with the Compadre. I was impressed. I dug down to the coin, it didnt fall out of the side of the hole. It was that deep. Compadre Yeah.

Great find, I still haven't found a war nickel yet. Compadre gets it done, congrats!

Im not big on silver coins, but I have found 2 war nickels. Im thinking that someone hit the park I was in at a high disc setting and missed the war nickel. I need to go back and try a deeper detector to see if there is more.

I like the way they look when freshly dug . You know immediately its a war nickle . nice job .

I like the Guts of that Compadre now it would be nice to see a GB and gain , connected to it along with interchangeable coils . and call it Cazador

kaolinwasher said:
I like the Guts of that Compadre now it would be nice to see a GB and gain , connected to it along with interchangeable coils
Let's see ...

a model in the [size=small]micro[/size]MAX housing

and ED-180 Disc.

and adjustable Gain

and accepts interchangeable 5-pin search coils

.... Hey! That would be the Eldorado. :thumbup: No need to mess with a Compadre when there was already just such a model on the market.

kaolinwasher said:
. and call it Cazador
I would suggest forgetting that name forever.

Monte

Monte said:
kaolinwasher said:
I like the Guts of that Compadre now it would be nice to see a GB and gain , connected to it along with interchangeable coils
Let's see ...

a model in the [size=small]micro[/size]MAX housing

and ED-180 Disc.

and adjustable Gain

and accepts interchangeable 5-pin search coils

.... Hey! That would be the Eldorado. :thumbup: No need to mess with a Compadre when there was already just such a model on the market.
Still looking-checking garage sales, pawn shops, ads.....

kaolinwasher said:
. and call it Cazador
I would suggest forgetting that name forever.

Monte