Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre question

weldor

Howdy folks. New to the forum and the Compadre, just returning to the hobby after several years absence. I had a 1235 and 1265 Fishers but when I got them out of the closet and put batts. in them neither of them worked so thought I'd try the Compadre to see if I was going to keep at it, not to big of an investment.

Been lurking on here since I got my Compadre around the first of the year, Ill try to post some finds when I get the pix off my phone. Anyway I have learned a lot just reading posts on the forum.

What I'm wondering about is when rotating the disc. knob, if I rotate it continuously from all metal through max it beeps as I go between all metal and iron and again as I go between tabs and max which ever way you turn it. makes a beep like it would when going over a coin. I hadn't noticed this before but I don't know that I ever paid attention to it.

So far I like the little machine and have made some good finds with it. Big deep iron objects still fool me though.

is that with nothing under the coil ? if so that seems odd, mine does not do that

It is broke. Life time warranty.

i do not have the compadre. however, give tesoro a call and ask for the service department. surely they will help. i think if kaolinwasher and ken ward, with their expertise, say it is not right for it to do that. then i would say it's not.

Thanks fellas. kaolinwasher, yes that is holding the coil in the air not near any metal.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say

Yes that seems odd , please keep us posted ........

Just to let everyone know. I called and talked to Rusty at Tesoro today, like everyone said Super guy, he said it was common on some machines, just didn't show up on all machines but nothing to worry about.

Now to decide on which Tesoro to update to this fall.

It is worth getting it looked at...