Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre vs. Lobo

CladDog

When jewelry hunting, has anyone found an advantage using the Lobo over the Compadre?

And by jewelry I include chains and earrings, not just rings.

Thanks for responding. I am really curious.

CladDog said:
When jewelry hunting, has anyone found an advantage using the Lobo over the Compadre?

And by jewelry I include chains and earrings, not just rings.

Thanks for responding. I am really curious.

CladDog,

I think they both will do well.

I have owned a Super Lobo & currently own only a Compadre.

It takes longer to learn & figure out the Lobo settings + it's way more expensive than the Compadre.

The Compadre is a simple turn on and go system, great for a beginner. (+ a great loaner/back-up for (wife, grandkids, your own kids for MDing PR).

The other big factor is the weight of the Compadre is so much less than the Lobo & uses only one 9 volt battery, instead of all those AA batteries. Lighter means less tiring & longer MDer time in the field.

HaRM

I found 3 gold rings this year with mine, I didnt use it as much as the compadre(12 gold) but it will pull its own, as for advantages I think the Compadre has it for park hunting, given the weight factor and ease of use as hardrock pointed out above, but I have to add the Lobo ST is fun to hunt with too, I'll take either with no regrets.

I would think Tesoro's flagship LST would out perform the Compadre in everything except weight and cost.

I'm with Scanman on this one. The LST with the small coil is a killer when it comes to sensitivity on earring backs and small chains. I've owned both and although the Compadre does well on the jewelry and is lighter in weight...IMHO it cannot out-perform the LST.

I think the Lobo's main strength is in acutal prospecting use. It should detect small pickers and pieces better and deeper than the Compadre, but probably be similar or equal on small jewelry etc. when set at low disc. in parks etc.
BB

Thanks for all your responses. They are much appreciated. I have swung a Compadre for a few years and wanted to find out if the Lobo would add anything.

Your last comment "if the Lobo would add anything" would have prompted me to comment on added depth depending on which coils you're comparing.
BB