Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

compadre vs metallic structure of tot lot?

fjlee

I know I read and hear of the advantage that the Compadre has
in a tot lot where there is a lot of metallic playground structure.

I have been using a Compadre for over 2 years, and I can't seem to
discern it's tot lot advantage over other detectors I use. This in a coin-shooting
search, primarily.

Please, someone give me precise instructions as to how I can get my 5 inch
coil into close proximity with metal playground equipment, and still be able
to locate/dig coins. It seems like I can't get the coil any closer than 4-6 inches, and it then
"beeps".

Maybe advise me as to good knob setting? Foil.....pull tab.....max......??

Thanks, folks......

FjLee Denver CO

The compadre will double beep if a target is present near large metal. If you place a target near the metal you can try it out and listen for the second beep. It will beep as it approaches the large metal and again as it passes over the target.. This is the advantage I find with the compadre my other machines will simply not do this no matter how many times I've tried with them. Hope this helps.

Double beep on targets near, close to or even leaning on big metal.
Triple beep if it is also very shallow.
I have even found coins buried in the chips directly under large metal steps the same way.
Gotta swing at the right speed but it works every time when you get good at it.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MmWzTo4GCak

You will hear a solid tone when you near a pole. If a coin is near the pole, the solid tone will start but the rapid reset of the Compadre will hesitate and rapidly beep again. Most hear the solid tone when nearing the po!e and see no way to hear a separate tone, but it will only happen if a target is near. Solution? Place a coin close to a pole and hear the difference for yourself. At the right sweep speed, it's an eye opener.

My best 2 gold with diamond rings ever were within 2 to 4 inches of the uprights. Using my Eldorado with the double just discernible beeps. Go slow and listen.
Eldorado for ever:thumbup:
Cheers
Doc

Is this an older eldarodo? I did not know the eldarodo could do that.

The Eldorado is another true 180 ED unit so that could have something to do with it.