Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre vs Tejon

yes this was an air test. I should have said that in the first place. Sorry! But I have so much interference here in my office. All testing is done with in 15 feet of my office and I have a lot of interference. You may get deeper at your location but so will the silver. I tried it again with a .60 cal bullet and the results were 8" for the silver and 7" for the compadre. I understand that ground condition may effect that. I am just trying to help everybody out there out.
Now if I turn the sensitivity down it get the same as the Compadre so you should know that as well!

well its a fun read anyway:) how did the Tejon get lost in all of this? :lmfao: we seem to grow close to our detectors its like they become part of us and if anyone threatens that then we fight for whats right and with good reason working hard to learn a detector is not easy so a lot of blood sweat and tears go in to it.

don't own a compardre just don't have the time to learn them all but from what i understand each machine has its good and not so good points took the Silver for a spin today and 1st target deep was a nice old silver ring with a earing in the middle didn't find the 2nd one then 2 old silver coins so it was a good day had 10 x 12 on and its good at that sort of stuff with not much junk around but i wouldn't take it in the junk areas looking for little gold.

for that the tejon works for me with the 5,75 widescan coil a real test of character though as its not for everyone it smashes copper and silver and if i turn my disc down i am sure small gold yet to wave it over larger gold or i would have it in my possession :biggrin:. there just isn't much of it about but that little coil is a killer and deep to go with it, try bench testing the tejon with 5.75 with the small gold see how it goes? results may surprise :)

but far from me to say one is better than the other its just we use what works for us and that's how it should be, i have much more expensive metered machines and the Tesoros are what i grab 1st its just easier that way i don't have to consult the screen just my ears and then dig just looked in the car and some how i have 3 in there which is not like me only take 2 with me at any given time but 3 tesoros all in the back there cuddling each other guess they like being with each other they seem pretty content there :)

so what ever your swinging good luck and hope you come home with a smile :crazy: what a great hobby.

Digga

This forum is great. I want to thank everyone for their opinion. By carefully reading every message I learned even more than I expected to.
Now that I own both the Compadre and Tejon I realize it's like comparing apples and oranges. They are both great detectors in their own way. It's a matter of what kind of hunting I want to do and what kind of mood I am in.
I also like my Bandido. The control box comes off the pole and has a belt clip. I can hip mount it and safely hunt in shallow water.

Now I'm wondering if I could use (not need) an ID machine like the DeLeon.
I should probably start a new thread for this question.

I love dirt fishing and I hope everyone has as much fun as I do.

BeyWolf

Digga03 said:
well its a fun read anyway:) how did the Tejon get lost in all of this? :lmfao: we seem to grow close to our detectors its like they become part of us and if anyone threatens that then we fight for whats right and with good reason working hard to learn a detector is not easy so a lot of blood sweat and tears go in to it.

don't own a compardre just don't have the time to learn them all but from what i understand each machine has its good and not so good points took the Silver for a spin today and 1st target deep was a nice old silver ring with a earing in the middle didn't find the 2nd one then 2 old silver coins so it was a good day had 10 x 12 on and its good at that sort of stuff with not much junk around but i wouldn't take it in the junk areas looking for little gold.

for that the tejon works for me with the 5,75 widescan coil a real test of character though as its not for everyone it smashes copper and silver and if i turn my disc down i am sure small gold yet to wave it over larger gold or i would have it in my possession :biggrin:. there just isn't much of it about but that little coil is a killer and deep to go with it, try bench testing the tejon with 5.75 with the small gold see how it goes? results may surprise :)

but far from me to say one is better than the other its just we use what works for us and that's how it should be, i have much more expensive metered machines and the Tesoros are what i grab 1st its just easier that way i don't have to consult the screen just my ears and then dig just looked in the car and some how i have 3 in there which is not like me only take 2 with me at any given time but 3 tesoros all in the back there cuddling each other guess they like being with each other they seem pretty content there :)

so what ever your swinging good luck and hope you come home with a smile :crazy: what a great hobby.

Digga
I'm trying to get allcav p__'d off enough at me to send me a Tejon to shut me up!:rofl:

:rofl:

I would never get mad at Tesoro users. I am trying to help you guys with some of the questions you guys are in need of.

OK my $.02 worth really would love to have a Compadre,Tejon would sure be nice too! guess I will just keep using my based upon Silver Sabre .Tesoro hybrid made Troy Lady Shadow X2 with coin check at least its found me gold,and it hits em hard too!.Yes sir a Compade or Tejon would be nice......maybe when my ship comes in LOL:lol:

Woodchuck said:
OK my $.02 worth really would love to have a Compadre,Tejon would sure be nice too! guess I will just keep using my based upon Silver Sabre .Tesoro hybrid made Troy Lady Shadow X2 with coin check at least its found me gold,and it hits em hard too!.Yes sir a Compade or Tejon would be nice......maybe when my ship comes in LOL:lol:
Yeah, I COPIED the coin check feature and placed it on my Silver umax. I felt at the time that it was worth the risk of voiding my warranty. Since I've gotten into a more "beep-dig" frame of mind I don't use it all that much. I quit worrying about more detectors a couple of years ago. Any Tesoro will find plenty of stuff at the locations I search. Funny, though, that you should mention it as I used the coin check feature a couple of times today. It's neat to have. I have mine set to "break" on tabs.

My 2 cents...

It's not always about depth.
Here are 3 things that I found with the Compadre in areas I have scanned with an F2 3 times and a Vaquero at least 4 times...which should have even more "superior" circuitry than the silver.
The Vaq was fitted with a 9' concentric and a DD 12x10 for at least 2 trips each through these areas.
I am talking slow and tight searching, overlapping about an inch at a time.
I am no expert, by any means, but I can find stuff and I dig all solid signals always, and even some iffy ones, too.
With both of those detectors, I found a bunch of clad and other stuff all around...but I never heard a peep out of these.
All these targets were were between 1 and 3 inches down, and the chain on the left had to be scraped on the bottom of an E-Trac with the small dd sniper coil and it still barely registered.
Superior circuitry....on paper sure, but in real life, your mileage may vary.
My next detector will be a V3i, there is something to be said for high tech.
Right now, however, I have a Vq, an F2 and a Compadre, and I love them all, and nobody will ever convince me that the Compadre is not...special.

DiGGER27 said:
My 2 cents...

It's not always about depth.
Here are 3 things that I found with the Compadre in areas I have scanned with an F2 3 times and a Vaquero at least 4 times...which should have even more "superior" circuitry than the silver.
The Vaq was fitted with a 9' concentric and a DD 12x10 for at least 2 trips each through these areas.
I am talking slow and tight searching, overlapping about an inch at a time.
I am no expert, by any means, but I can find stuff and I dig all solid signals always, and even some iffy ones, too.
With both of those detectors, I found a bunch of clad and other stuff all around...but I never heard a peep out of these.
All these targets were were between 1 and 3 inches down, and the chain on the left had to be scraped on the bottom of an E-Trac with the small dd sniper coil and it still barely registered.
Superior circuitry....on paper sure, but in real life, your mileage may vary.
My next detector will be a V3i, there is something to be said for high tech.
Right now, however, I have a Vq, an F2 and a Compadre, and I love them all, and nobody will ever convince me that the Compadre is not...special.
:please::please::beers: There IS intelligent life on this planet.:crylol: Thank you.:clapping::goodnight: