Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre with 5 inch coil is my new go to unit for relics

Who would have thought the Compadre is a relic machine? After comparing my ToltecII and Silver uMAX to the Compadre, I felt very comfortable using it instead of swapping a smaller coil onto one of the other units.

I have been able to pull old silver, buttons, bullets etc etc with ease.

Today, I dug a 1900 V-nickel, a 1855 Seated dime, a small military button and 4 wheats from a really trashy site.

I do not even concern myself in the least anymore about using the Compadre as my main 5 inch coil unit.

[attachment 202417 DSCN3892.JPG]
[attachment 202418 DSCN3893.JPG]
[attachment 202419 DSCN3894.JPG]
[attachment 202424 DSCN3895.JPG]
[attachment 202425 DSCN3898.JPG]
[attachment 202426 DSCN3900.JPG]

WTG Tony,
I think you could find good stuff with a stick and pie plate.....
Just think how good you will do once you learn how to set everything,,,,:rofl: joke.
HH....BJ

Hi Tony

You are smok'n with that Compadre, I bet you will find a jaw-dropper one of these days with that great little slow motion discriminator:tesoro:

Tony,
Did you have any trouble picking out a back ground color for the screen ???
And tone ID on ???
How about the rest of the settings ???
Just having a little fun, :rofl:

Its hard to believe the little coil goes so deep..
HH...BJ

Man, finding stuff like that will get your heart to pumping really fast.

tabman

n/t

Hey BJ,

I havent figured out how to do the settings you mentioned above. They do sound fun though, kinda reminds me of my cell fone settings. I also didnt bring a note pad or laptop to record my settings for the particular site so you are out of luck. I will share a secret and say that my Compadre beach program is the same as my coin, relic and jewelry program. If you want a copy of the setting I run, I will email it to you. :thumbup:

What I notice most is that having such minimal control of the detector forces me to become a better tectorist. The Compadre forces me to really keep the coil to the ground and my ears wide open.

My best finds have always come from a tector with no target id capabilities While most of the Tesoro's do not attempt to ID anything, my experience is that their single tone units provide a wealth of target info. I dont bother thumbing the disc control either. I can usually tell something that may be crumpled up vs smooth and small. I havent found this same audio in other units.

If I were to do a mod on this unit it would be to remove the Disc control and replace it with a simple on/off switch. I would tuck the disc control in the box after setting it and simply forget it. I keep mine set just above IRON and if it sounds good, not crumpled up, and doesnt disappear when I speed up my sweep speed I want to dig it.

Many folks buy or DONT buy the Compadre because they think they are ONLY beginners units which just isnt the case at all.

All it takes to be successful with your tector is to learn to trust it and have a super place to detect which has the potential to have the finds you are interested in making.

later
Tony

It has been said many times, but we need to remember that before we become too obsessed over depth, the majority of all your finds, even those old drops from the early 1800's, are found in soil 6" or less.

Somewhere its been estimated that's where about 90% of the finds are recovered. Are there items deeper than that? Sure. But that 6" depth will keep you plenty busy.

Oh Shoot, Dadgum and Cornflame it Tony! You done give this Compadre Dude even more Glory and Acclaim and with all of us together singing his song before we know it Everyone will be chiming in and just having to have one. The Cat ain't only out of the bag, the way he is going ,there won't be any holes left for us all to dig. I hope I got me a bit of an edge myself though,as I got me a "plugged" Amigo II, and a sack full of them ole different size coils I'm gona use in hopes it will give me a few more holes to dig after I've dug all I can with my Compadre 5.75 Dude. Man that's some sweet stuff you scratched up and that is enough to make everybody want some of those digs. I'm keeping quiet myself ??,but the cat is out and the dirt is flying, and that is for sure! HH,y'all Charlie

it does in new england i can tell ya that!..even 1700's stuff
comes out at around the 6" level! no (b.s!)..some is found deeper,but not much!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Great Finds, Tony

Those finds are why we do what we do.

Hey depth ain't everything and the ED-180 discrimination makes for a nice detector and not just for tot lots, as your showing

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to put my new (for me) Cutlass II to work.

Oh yeah and that Mr. Bill's Classic ID I bought from you a couple weeks ago

HH, Jerry

Charlie ! Sorry man, I just had to share the news of not having to be shy about using the Compadre is all. In my experience here, it works every bit as good as using a 5 inch coil on one of its more costly related models.

Is it better? I dont think so. Is it worse? Not at all, Will it find things? Yes, if you put the coil over it. Is it a magic bullet? I doubt it.

I sure wasnt meaning to hype the unit other than let folks know it is NOT a TOY by any means. Its a great lil tector. Its meant to be used where a tector with a 5 inch coil would be the right tool to use.

Looking forward to hearing how your bag of coils work out on the Amigo. Hope they work great and provide you the edge needed to find things you are after.

I will go back to keeping the secret under my at now.

Tony

Glad your having such good luck, and fun with your Compadre Tony.