Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre

amberjack

just chucking up these pic's if they are of any use. :biggrin:

little bit of help from my friends also thanks guys.

how to do the coil plug mod is easy to find on the net and is right.

just a pic of the sens pot mod if needed and as always do these mods at your own risk.
wires are red , white , yellow from right to left on the pot.

AJ

001_4.jpg

003_8.jpg

005_3.jpg

What size sensitivity pot did you use.

Thanks for the info. The clear photo makes the mod a cinch. Time to start accumulating parts. I plan on performing the sensitivity, coil connection, and my 3D mod on a Compadre once I find one at a price that makes since to do them on.

Thanks AJ,may try and do this modification this coming weekend,mine had the coil plug mod done all ready as i sometimes use the Compadre control box with the 4'' coil as a pinpoint probe when deep pasture detecting with the TDI Pro,will look on Ebay for the right pot for the conversion.

Thanks again,i assume by doing this mod it just makes the Compadre easier too fine tune ??

that's what I couldn't find a clear photo of what went where wire wise and so thought putting them up might help those like me who are ok to do the work but not sure on what went where.

so glad its been a help :biggrin:

from what I can see Mega its now a Lazer Scout so for me it worked out well under 1/2 the price of buying that detector so am happy and now have the 180 disc and 12 kHz and I can change coils :bouncy: so yeah gives a bit of fine tuning where needed , was going to do a GB and might still but want to test it out more 1st no need doing more work than I need too :jump:

yeah find the pots on ebay. that one is an alpha. let us know how you like it when done Mega.

sounds like a fun project Bleaver let us know how it turns out.

AJ

Now toss on a volume trim and a ground and you have the ultimate unit. well almost. lol Unless you decide to install it inside a set of waterproof grayghost headphones with the 11x8 epsilon coil. Then you are in a league all your own. lol :thumbup:

thanks, no not yet have another compadre I want the coil off so might go full mod's on it (scary but fun ) :clapping: fingers crossed :unsure:

AJ

Good info AJ, Recently picked up a Compadre with the Sensitivity and GB mods already done. What was he thinking?, he installed Alpha pots, correct ohms, but they are carbon 3/4 turn units and this makes the unit very erratic. I just got in replacements, two BOURN Rotary Wirewound Precision 10 turn Potentiometers off of ebay for $5.30 shipped to me in 10 days. Great transaction with xiaobao_semi. Here are the numbers..... 10K ohm 3590S-2-103L (sensitivity) .... 100K ohm 3590S-2-104L (ground balance)

Now .... back to make the replacement installs.

HH, Don

thanks Don

how does the 10 turn do on the sens ? might give it a try with a GB as well on one of my other comps, they both fit in ok?

thanks for the part numbers.

AJ

From Sven's notes the Bourn 10 turn pots are the best. I have yet to install them to give them a field test. I have seen a photo of one of these pots (Sens.) placed in the control box lower right corner, I can't vouch for anymore accommodating space. My Compadre innards have been re-installed in a waterproof Pelican case so my layout is totally different.

HH, Don

anyone have pics of the 10 turn pot conected?

if your looking for clear photos with exact instructions they are hard to find for what ever reason people don't put them up at least you have the sens mod here and its for a gen 2, 5.75" coil compadre I do believe the board on the 7" maybe different.

good luck in your search !!

AJ

I think im just going to do the mod to take clear pictures

ijust need to learn to monte ground balance first