Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comparison of depth and discrimination

I am interested to know how the 1270 compares with the F75 with regard to depth and discrimination, can anyone help?

Now this is a hard question, I have both and hunt the same areas and the deeper silver come in about the same depth with either machine.

If I go with the air testing I have done with coins the F75 comes in the clear winner. But the compare test between the 2 machines is not what I would call apples to apples, the coils are not the same size or type.

The deeper silver I have found in my area is about 5" to 7" and my brother has test garden with coins up to 8" and both machines with stock 8" and 11"DD will hit the 8" coins in the test garden.

I would like to say one is over the other, but for me in my area they both hit just about the same in the ground.

I posted this little story the other day so you may have read this. I was hunting a couple of weeks ago and found a nice half $ with the F75, and of course any time I find something like that I really pound that area thinking maybe more, but this time nothing. A couple of days later I was back with the 1270 so I thought I would check the area where I found the half. Within 2 feet of the half dollar hole I got pretty solid hit and out came a nickel and a silver dime.
I hunted with the F75 first and got the half, but I can say this without any doubt if I would have been there with the 1270 first I would have got the half and the dime. So with that said the 1270 may have the edge.

Both pretty good machines.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
Now this is a hard question, I have both and hunt the same areas and the deeper silver come in about the same depth with either machine.

If I go with the air testing I have done with coins the F75 comes in the clear winner. But the compare test between the 2 machines is not what I would call apples to apples, the coils are not the same size or type.

The deeper silver I have found in my area is about 5" to 7" and my brother has test garden with coins up to 8" and both machines with stock 8" and 11"DD will hit the 8" coins in the test garden.

I would like to say one is over the other, but for me in my area they both hit just about the same in the ground.

I posted this little story the other day so you may have read this. I was hunting a couple of weeks ago and found a nice half $ with the F75, and of course any time I find something like that I really pound that area thinking maybe more, but this time nothing. A couple of days later I was back with the 1270 so I thought I would check the area where I found the half. Within 2 feet of the half dollar hole I got pretty solid hit and out came a nickel and a silver dime.
I hunted with the F75 first and got the half, but I can say this without any doubt if I would have been there with the 1270 first I would have got the half and the dime. So with that said the 1270 may have the edge.

Both pretty good machines.

Ron in WV

Thanks Ron - think I am going to like the 1270. Unfortunately I missed the post today so will have to wait till Monday to collect it from the post office.

I am on my second 1270, the first one I made a mistake and let it go. I haven't had the one I have now only a couple of months and haven't had it out a lot. Now for my first 1270 I hunted it a lot and it was my go to machine when looking for silver. I really don't see any preformance difference so when I call on it I expect it to find the silver if it is down there.

I do have a better selection of coils this go around and I am really enjoying the little 3 3/4" coil. If you happen to go looking for one that will work on the 1270, just keep in mind it needs to be the one with the fatter cable. I know I bought 2 of them with the skinny cable like what you see on the 1265's, and they don't work on the 1270. I think they made a change some time after the 1266 came out. The 1266x will work with either fat or skinny cable.

Coil list, just in case I need them.
3.75" I like it but not sure everybody would.
5" if you can't find a 5x10 I would recommend this coil
5x10 this coil for me just about replaces the need for the 5" and the 8" stock", if you can find one I would recommend getting one.
8" stock, I have but rarely use
10.5" I have but don't think I will use it much because I hunt in the trash.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
I am on my second 1270, the first one I made a mistake and let it go. I haven't had the one I have now only a couple of months and haven't had it out a lot. Now for my first 1270 I hunted it a lot and it was my go to machine when looking for silver. I really don't see any preformance difference so when I call on it I expect it to find the silver if it is down there.

I do have a better selection of coils this go around and I am really enjoying the little 3 3/4" coil. If you happen to go looking for one that will work on the 1270, just keep in mind it needs to be the one with the fatter cable. I know I bought 2 of them with the skinny cable like what you see on the 1265's, and they don't work on the 1270. I think they made a change some time after the 1266 came out. The 1266x will work with either fat or skinny cable.

supplied by little brother said:
Coil list, just in case I need them.
your welcome. Okay, it was a fair trade/deal

3.75" I like it but not sure everybody would.
The depth with this little coil and my 1266 really surprised me!

5" if you can't find a 5x10 I would recommend this coil
If I had but one coil choice for my 1266 it would be the 5" round coil.

Big brothers choice of coils said:
5x10 this coil for me just about replaces the need for the 5" and the 8" stock", if you can find one I would recommend getting one.
I didn't like this coil at ALL!
it was harder to pinpoint with!
It was like swinging a heavy club,
No more depth,
Yes! it had the narrow foot print of the 5" round coil and the toe to heal coverage of the 10" but the extra pound of resin just killed it for the little brother.
This coil would do better if it was the older style box coil with a coil cover, it would be about half the weight.

]8" stock said:
Not much to say about this coil one way or the other, by design its a good all-round coil.

10.5" I have but don't think I will use it much because I hunt in the trash.
I've had a couple of these and not being a relic hunter I never found much use for it, its to heavy to use as a general purpose coil.

Mark