Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

comparison on tiger shark and other detectors

First off what type of hunting are you going to be doing, freshwater/saltwater or both?

Do you want depth with discrimination with sensitivity to small gold?

Generally this is the Order of Choice gathered after reading the forums for years and owning a number of them.

VLF machines

Freshwater only:
Tesoro TigerShark
Fisher 1280x or Detectorpro Wader
White's units

Saltwater only:
Excalibur
Fisher CZ20-21
Fisher 1280 or DP Wader
White's units

FRESH & SALT
Excalibur
Fisher CZ20-21
Fisher 1280 or DP Wader
Tesoro TS
White's units

====================================
Ultimate depth in Fresh and Saltwater, PI machines ability to handle all soils, NO DISCRIMINATION. You dig it all.
Commonly used PI detectors in order

Garrett Infinuim
Detectorpro PI
White's Surfmaster PI Pro Duo
Whites Surfmaster PI PRO
Tesoro Sand Shark
Garrett Seahunter Mark II (claimed discrimination)

====================================
Overall the Minelab Excalibur is the #1 detector and the
CZ20-21 follows as second if you need a detector to cover fresh and salt.

Pulse machines are the best for sites not laced with iron and junk metal. They find it all to extreme depths, you can chase a hairpin at 15".........and there are pulse units that are even better than the Garrett Infinium but, only used by those that can afford them. I'd rather have a newer car....LOL

You need this ultimate combination to cover all conditions:
Tesoro Tigershark
Minelab Excalibur
PI

Hope this helps.

Maybe the bigger question is used or new .
The Tiger Shark has been out of production for around two years now with
no answer to there coil connection problem and with the new AT Pro out,
losing more customers by the day.

Thanks to all who replied
I was looking to get the tiger shark but you say its been out of production for two years so that leaves me with maybe the pi pro

marbien that's is a big switch, only because these machines are at there best in totally different environments.
The TS in fresh water and the PI in salt water are at there best. Can you use a PI in fresh water, yes but
only if i had to.