Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comparison testing... my views

go-rebels said:
Where has anyone trashed the Vision or stated "my machine is better than yours"? Get over your paranoia! No testing is perfect but a little care will give valuable results. As far as looking at what people are finding, that's the last way I'll make a decision. Guys who coin hunt in the Northeast with lots of old sites have an advantage over a guy in southern Florida.. I work 50 hrs/wk so every retiree has an advantage over me. Someone who is internet savvy and posts every find on this site will have a big influence. I'd rather read about someone's opinion of their machine, especially if they have a reference against a similar machine I have owned.

Agreed!

Comparison testing is a myth and doesn't mean squat unless the V is tested against every machine made, all over the world, under every known condition, in every soil condition, and by experienced operators with equal expertise.

Bill

Quote As far as looking at what people are finding, that's the last way I'll make a decision.

Hi rebel,

I am totally with you.... My point was there are some good posts that compare the V and NONE are found here in THIS overworked line of complaining. I would like to read more comparisons but talking around in circles about doing it does nothing. Thus the Dead horse joke but then again one more poke in the eye wont hurt.

Good luck.

utahshovelhead said:
Quote As far as looking at what people are finding, that's the last way I'll make a decision.

Hi rebel,

I am totally with you.... My point was there are some good posts that compare the V and NONE are found here in THIS overworked line of complaining. I would like to read more comparisons but talking around in circles about doing it does nothing. Thus the Dead horse joke but then again one more poke in the eye wont hurt.

Good luck.

LoL! You are correct!

Some people are comparing price alone. The e-trac is $1500. I think the price of the Vision is very much in line with all the new technology it has. You have to love the wireless phones! I would love for White's to come out with a transmitter (dongle) that would convert all the other detectors to wireless. Make it work with the Visions phones. Then they could sell a lot more of those phones.