Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

comparison

rexy

whites goldmaster GMT
whites mxt
minelab eureka gold
Minelab xt 1700/1800
Minelab sovereign
X-terra 705/70 gold
scorpion gold stinger
Tesoro Lobo super traq
Gold bug 2/dp/pro
Fisher gold strike

can anyone tell be which detector is best for gold prospecting.

-- moved topic --

rexy said:
whites goldmaster GMT
whites mxt
minelab eureka gold
Minelab xt 1700/1800
Minelab sovereign
X-terra 705/70 gold
scorpion gold stinger
Tesoro Lobo super traq
Gold bug 2/dp/pro
Fisher gold strike

can anyone tell be which detector is best for gold prospecting?
Based only on my personal experiences, for gold nugget hunting and presuming nuggets are usually smaller but could be more impressive, if things are in our favor, here are my opinions.:

whites goldmaster GMT
whites mxt
minelab eureka gold
Minelab xt 1700/1800
Minelab sovereign
X-terra 705/70 gold
scorpion gold stinger
Tesoro Lobo super traq
Gold bug 2/dp/pro
Fisher gold strike

Reorganized in the order I would pick them TODAY.

White's MXT/MXT Pro/MXT All-Pro ([size=small]Currently I rely on my MXT All-Pro, and have used the MXT 'family' since the MXT was first released.)[/size]
White's GMT
Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ
Teknetics G2 / Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Minelab XT 17000

The last two would definitely be the last two of those I'd consider from the list. The Tesoro Lobo ST and Teknetics/Fisher models would only be selected if I didn't have one of the two White's models available to use. I got more interested in gold nugget hunting models back in the latter '80s when working for Compass Electronics. I had a Fisher Gold Bug [size=small](original)[/size] and Minelab GT-16000 provided me to use for a few weeks in my travels to Eastern Oregon mining country as well as down to California and Arizona. After that my planning was to evaluate nugget-only models [size=small](those with only an All Metal mode)[/size], as well as multi-purpose units that worked at somewhat higher frequencies but also had a Discriminate mode for versatility, such as Coin and Relic Hunting needs.

These days when I check any detector for performance potential, I don't limit the testing to the Discriminate mode. I have two little gold 'pickers' I use when checking the Threshold-based All Metal mode. I have these in a small glass vial and it is surprising, not to me but to a lot of consumers and dealers alike, how poorly a lot of the so-called gold nugget hunting models fail to respond very well. Some models barley respond even with the two little pickers practically rubbing on the search coil, a few do a little better, but I set a certain mark or level of performance, and the MXT All-Pro and GMT are tough to match or better.

For gold nugget hunting only, and not having a Discriminate mode, I like the GM Tracker, but for all-around versatility, I have been, and am, well pleased with the MXT All-Pro. I have owned two Teknetics G2's, which is the Fisher Gold Bug Pro, and I've borrowed one of those to hunt with as well. They work, but not as well on actual tiny gold specimens as the model(s) I prefer.

Monte

Thanks, This is some great information, how does the Tesoro lobo compare with the gold stinger? And with the White's GMT, do you think it has the same sensitivity as the GB2 and the nugget depth of the gpx?

Thanks, I will take The Nokta Fors Gold into consideration

The Nokta Fors Gold.
It looks very successful. Be considered
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvF78MPB1nQ[/video]