Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compass coin magnum

Bucksport

I have one of these coming to me soon from a coworker. He is giving it to me. He says it doesn’t work. Could be something simple. Are they fairly easy to crack open to check out the insides? Thanks
BCD196-D5-5-AD8-4-F85-866-B-C62347-E208-D0.jpg

Should be a couple screws on the front and back of the control box near the top. Speaker and battery tray compartment might have came loose after all these years. I'd first look at the 3 battery packs to see if any of the wires came loose around the snap connectors or battery corrosion.

Not the easiest Compass to learn how to use but very good once that is accomplished. I have used mine to knock out the iron nails and only detect the brass and coins. Large iron hard to knock out but identifiable by the signal being wider than the coil. If it is not a simple fix...Keith Wills is the man to send it to get it fixed.

I got the unit in hand. 3 fresh 9 volts and it’s alive. I managed to get it slightly set up on the bench. It detects coins. Now if there was and idiots guide to set this up for hunting I would be golden.

Three 9V batteries? I'm surprised you didn't fry anything! It's supposed to take 3-4AA battery packs(with 9V style snap connector) instead of 9Vs. For a total of 12AA batteries.
There is an online owners manual for this. You might have to register on the forum to open the link.

Coin Magnum manual

As others have said it uses three four cell battery holders (6 volts/per pack) of AA batteries. Not sure if hooking up a 9 volt will hurt anything, but certainly would not last long.

Mine is in parts but seems to work. It is on the long term To Do list to get it working again.

Chris(SoCenWI)

I just got another one....my previous one had a problem with the ground balance. need to find time to get it fired up. the speaker is loose and so is the battery compartment. fun to use but not fun finding nails 12 inches deep...I can usally knock them out but my last Coin Magnum could not do it...the Ground Balance could not do it for some reason.