Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compass Detectors

rwsnc

Help... I have a Compass Relic Magnum and a Coin Magnum. Both are in need of repair. Any recommendations on where to get them repaired?
Thanks, in advance.
Bob in NC

Changed or updated my post 6-30-07,:razz: I remembered the place that repairs Compass detectors.

I believe the guys name is Kieth Wells and his business is located in Texas, it's called East Texas Metal Detectors. He has repaired Compass detectors for years as well as other brands.

Take care,:)
Bill G

Hi,
You may have already gotten this info , but his name is Keith Wills and you can contact him at www. brokendetector.com He operates East Texas metal detectors and is really a great guy. Keith is one of the "greats" of our hobby. He has not only been involved in sales and repair for many, many years, he is also directly responsible for lobbying the Federal Government to open more Federal lands to metal detecting, and keeping the Government from infringing on our rights as detector users. Our hobby would be a vastly different one if not for his efforts. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes on ourbehalf. Hope this helped.

[quote Compassgirl]What Needs to be repaired What's wrong with them we still repair them here in forest grove oregon[/quote]

I'm not sure anything is wrong with it. It's been in the attic for around 30 years. Like a dummy, I apparently left the batteries in and a couple of them leaked. I changed the battery holders and it seems to work OK, but I'd just like to get it checked out for any bad or dying components. Also could use an Owner's Manual.