Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compass GoldScanner Pro,

Paul (Ca)

Here's something I did a while back, Balanced a GoldScanner Pro so most of the weight is underneath the arm-rest.

Funny thing is the meter assembly was the toughest part of the mod, Took several attempts coming up with a miniature meter housing but finally put one together that would fit the important features yet still function without crunching the components.

Even chopped down the Compass S-handle and modified it a bit so it would feel and swing like a Whites yet much lighter.

Thanks for viewing the pics,
Paul (Ca)

"EXCELLENT PAUL"

Thank you Doug,

I've seen your mods and they too are works of art! Won't be long I'll be doing another mod or two using those decals you sent me, Should be a couple of niftily setups using those pot decals.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Look forward to seeing how you used the TeK decals Paul !

Extra parts like these are hard to come by, To complete a mod like this would be a bit pricey because spare parts are hard to find. You'll need to keep your eyes peeled for broken Scanner Series or Challenger parts, Build up a good collection of spare parts and you'll always have the needed parts to complete any type of mod.

Luckily, Have amassed quite a collection of spare parts over the years but keep them for future repairs or mods.

(Coils) The only coils I may sell are the larger 12" coils, Have a bunch of other sizes but the 12" coils will let go.

If you guys ever tackle a mod like this be careful, Things can go wrong real quick.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of a 12 inch coil for the compass. I lost all paperwork on mine, do you know what the switch on the back side of the circuit board is for?