Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compass Judge 1

PennyFinder

Anybody out there have a Judge 1? I just found one and it came with 2- 9v batteries but the battery holders are a sloppy fit.
This Judge 1 is the later version a 3rd generation, the last made. In a manual of the 2nd generation Judge 1 and 2, it states the Judge 1 takes 8 AA batteries.
The 2 packs of AA's from my Compass 77 doesn't fit right either and the battery test lights are very dim. The detector works on both 2-9v and 8AA battery configurations. Sure would like to put it back to the proper way as to not burn out the circuitry.
Is it possible that the 3rd generartion Judge 1 has a battery configuration like the Compass 94B...1-9v and a 4-AA cell pack?:help:

PennyFinder

Upon closer scrutiny, it appears the Judge 1 I have is a very rare 1st generation, non Auto and not the 3rd generation as there is no auto tuning reset button in the handle.
===========================================================================================================================
Greetings
If you are searching for a Judge 2, there was 3 different judges that came out. The very first Judge was a manual tune and not very many of these are out there. The first Judge 2 Auto had a small red button at the end of the handle and these were the best with very good depth. The only 2 drawbacks with these was the auto tune was very fast and the circuity was raspy. However I feel these was the best of the Judge 2 Auto.. Then Compass made the 3rd generation and they switches around a few controls and used a larger black button and they mellowed out the circuity. I feel they were not as responsive as the 2nd generation. (You need to see the control panel to verify if they are the older or newer generation due that many had the red button replaced with the black button)

As for the Judge 6 / Well, they were OK but I would stay with the 2nd generation if you can find one.. A much better detector if you are lucky in finding one. Or better yet! find a Judge 1 auto. Just a scaled down version of the 2nd Gen. Judge2 Auto with out meter and sensitivity control.
Hope this is helpful
Allan Cannon

==========================================================================================================================

PennyFinder

PENNYFINDER ON YOUR BATTERY CHECK CONTROL KNOB DOSE IT SHOW 6A 6B 6C.? THAT IS THE WAY BOTH MY JUDGE 2 s ARE, IT WILL WORK ON 3 9Vs, BUT THE BATTERY HOLDER IS SET UP FOR 3 4 PACKS OF AA AND WORKS ON THAT SETUP. AND FITS IN THE HOLDER. dangeorge

Dangeorge, I have a 2nd generation Judge 2 as well as the manual, illustrating the 2nd gen. Judge 1 as well.
The batteries on the Judge 1 first generation are different and has only two battery connections, A & B along with 2 separate battery test buttons.
You are right, it runs great with two 9v but the holder is way too large.

PennyFinder

it probobly dont pertain to yours but i have an old judge 6 that has two battery holders of 4 each of double "A"'s . they are kept separated by a block of spongy foam rubber inserted between them .

Thanks for the tips guys, she runs fine on the two 9v batteries, with the ol'foam in the housing trick! :thumbup: The 9volts are the only way the red indicator light,lights up when the battery check button is pushed.
Now off I go to the tot lots!:detecting:

FoilFinder

There's not a Judge 1, first generation up on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230477990222&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Take care,
Rob