Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Complete Sterling Pocket Watch

Sooper Dave

I stopped by one of my old school spots after work Friday evening. I did't have much time to detect after catching up with the property owner. I've dug here two other times years ago and it produced a couple of nice Barbers and a Seated dime along with an amazing WWII era eagle hat pin. I headed to where the old ball field was and dug a couple of wheaties and then a War nickel. The sun had set and it was getting dark when I got a nice high tone on my old Etrac. I was happy to see a Merc come out of the hole. I was making my last row back to the truck when I got another high tone down deep. I was hoping for another silver coin but surprised to see a pocket watch case when I scooped it out. I was even more surprised to see the glass was still intact and I could see the face of the watch. I made that my last dig for the night and stopped back by to show the owners what I had found. They were as excited about the old watch as I was. I'm not sure how old the watch is and I debated about trying to open the case. I thought it would damage it if I tried, but my curiosity got the best of me. Luckily I was able to slowly open it without any damage. I did't find a makers mark, just a serial number and an engraving of the watches movement I guess you would call it. The biggest surprise was the initials L.E.G hand carved into the inside of the case. I would love to know who it belonged to and when it was lost.

r6EWOOb.jpg

62tZf0A.jpg

6DTLPug.jpg

JafvIpZ.jpg

TH4KRgz.jpg

Very nice pocket watch!!!

Bet some kid got in trouble for losing Grandad's heirloom. ;)

I stopped by one of my old school spots after work Friday evening. I did't have much time to detect after catching up with the property owner. I've dug here two other times years ago and it produced a couple of nice Barbers and a Seated dime along with an amazing WWII era eagle hat pin. I headed to where the old ball field was and dug a couple of wheaties and then a War nickel. The sun had set and it was getting dark when I got a nice high tone on my old Etrac. I was happy to see a Merc come out of the hole. I was making my last row back to the truck when I got another high tone down deep. I was hoping for another silver coin but surprised to see a pocket watch case when I scooped it out. I was even more surprised to see the glass was still intact and I could see the face of the watch. I made that my last dig for the night and stopped back by to show the owners what I had found. They were as excited about the old watch as I was. I'm not sure how old the watch is and I debated about trying to open the case. I thought it would damage it if I tried, but my curiosity got the best of me. Luckily I was able to slowly open it without any damage. I did't find a makers mark, just a serial number and an engraving of the watches movement I guess you would call it. The biggest surprise was the initials L.E.G hand carved into the inside of the case. I would love to know who it belonged to and when it was lost.

r6EWOOb.jpg

62tZf0A.jpg

6DTLPug.jpg

JafvIpZ.jpg

TH4KRgz.jpg
That is beauty, congrats!