Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comprade

jarrow said:
Can someone tell me where I can get coil connectors to intercange coils.
Skiwhiz for one has done it, contact him and he will be happy to help you out if nobody else comes on here and tells you.

You can get the connectors at http://switchcraft.com/

Parts numbers are

SL415MX -- 5-pin Male coil cable plug ----
SL405FX -- 5-pin Female control housing plug
SL05 ------ Strain relief spring for cable ---- SL05

It would be nice to have a Compadre with an external sensitivity control knob and have the ability to change coils.

Something like a Silver

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what is the difference between the Compadre and the Silvers electronics? I've had both and like the Silver better, a little more control, but then I may not have been using it in the manor where the circuitry makes a difference. I used them as tot lot machines. Both seemed to be the same when it came to gold other than the Silver was a bit deeper due to a bigger coil. Sensitivity and speed seemed the same.

Southwind said:
Not trying to hijack the thread, but what is the difference between the Compadre and the Silvers electronics? I've had both and like the Silver better, a little more control, but then I may not have been using it in the manor where the circuitry makes a difference. I used them as tot lot machines. Both seemed to be the same when it came to gold other than the Silver was a bit deeper due to a bigger coil. Sensitivity and speed seemed the same.

A little older circuitry in the C, different, anyway.
True 180 degree expanded discrimination in disc on the C, also.
I think the Silver is 120.

Slingshot has both and has compared a lot of targets using them.
He has stated he loves both, but the C is a bit more sensitive overall.

Comparing my C and my Vaq, which is supposed to be 180 ED but is really more like 165-170, I would have to say the same and I am so happy I own both.
The right tool for the right job and I use them as such.

The Compadre will double beep and find targets in the vicinity of, near, next to or even leaning on huge metal.
My Vaq can't do this, neither can any other detector or coil combination I have tried, and I don't think I have ever read a post that said other Tesoros can do this either...or if they can not anywhere close to as easily and effortlessly.