Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Concentrates

bulletman

Wondering about purchasing a spiral wheel or blue bowl to speed up processing. What would you folks recommend?

If you like to piddle they work very well. I have the desert fox a spiral machine that drops the goods in a cup. I have found a small recycling sluice to be almost as effective and you can go thru a lot more material and finish up with a small pan. Much more efficient. The gold we get here in VA where I am at is very fine and they both do a good job. You spoon feed the wheel where you can use a small scoop with the sluice. I have checked the left overs from the sluice and have not recovered enough to make it worth my time. Just my experience but others might have had different results. If you are in an area with no access to water the dessert fox is the way to go you can get buy on a couple of gallons of water . The sluice sits in one of the blue storage bins you can get from target so you are looking at more water to make it work. They both work off of marine bilge pumps and you put a woman's nylon over the pump to screen the debis in the recycling of the water. The desert fox sits I a small action packer by rubber maid. Both need a 12vdc source. I have seen the blue bowl in action and was not that impressed but other might like it. I will take a couple of picks of the sluice but it is down in my storage shed and it is dark and cold outside .

Attachments

• 20211126_224713.jpg
    20211126_224713.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 166
  • 20211126_224654.jpg
    20211126_224654.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 166
Thanks for the info. I just ordered the mini recycling sluice. Been also thinking about the desert fox. Believe the spiral wheel may process materials faster?

The dessert fox is a beer drinking thing. Slow but effective. I guess it was really meant for folks doing dry washing with no available water source. I will still take a.couple of picks of my sluice/mini highlander I really like it. You can get it with aluminum or iron riffles . When I use it at the creek I throw the pump up steam and let it rip. The best of luck it sure is a fun hobby. What part of the country are you from if you don't mind me asking.

The dessert fox is a beer drinking thing. Slow but effective. I guess it was really meant for folks doing dry washing with no available water source. I will still take a.couple of picks of my sluice/mini highlander I really like it. You can get it with aluminum or iron riffles . When I use it at the creek I throw the pump up steam and let it rip. The best of luck it sure is a fun hobby. What part of the country are you from if you don't mind me asking.

Southern Arizona. Cochise county and about 15 miles north of the unprotected border with Mexico.